Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, the company’s most successfully smartphone in the mid-range segment can be upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo via unofficial Lineage OS 15 ROM. Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest version of Google’s mobile operating system. Released just last month, Android 8.0 update has been started rolling out for Nexus and Pixel Devices. Top smartphone vendors namely Sony, Motorola, Asus, and more have already confirmed the list of its devices to get Oreo update. Considering Xiaomi, it still doesn’t confirmed its models to get taste of Google’s latest OS. However, Xiaomi is among the list of companies which concentrates on its own custom MIUI skin rather on Android upgrades.
If you’re Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 owner and wanted to experience Android 8.0 Oreo update, then you’re at the right place. Here we have shared complete tutorial to update Redmi Note 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo firmware via unofficial Lineage OS 15 ROM. As of now, the ROM is still under development stage. So, users might find some bugs and issues which can be solved in its regular updates. Also How to Install MIUI 9 on Xiaomi Phones.
Without much ado, follow the below steps one-after another to enjoy Android 8.0 Oreo on your Xiaomi smartphone.
- The following ROM works only with Redmi Note 4. Don’t try to install on any other Xiaomi model.
- Ensure battery level on your mobile is above 70% to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you to perform backup a complete backup of your device.
- The ROM is in initial Nougat alpha build and contains bugs.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure TWRP recovery is installed on your RN4.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom ROMs voids company warranty. Xiaomi Advices should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the flashing process. Proceed at your own risk.
How to Update Redmi Note 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo [Lineage OS 15]:
2. Turn off your device and boot into Recovery mode.
3. Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
4. Next, you need to perform Factory Reset. To do so, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data. Swipe to confirm it.
5. Now, choose ‘Install’ and select the ROM zip file which you have saved to device storage.
6. Swipe to start installation process.
7. Once done, you need to install GApps in the similar manner.
8. Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
9. Done! You have successfully installed Android Oreo ROM on your Redmi Note 4.
Don’t forget to share your experience with the Lineage OS 15 ROM in the below comment section. Also, share the post with your friends on social media and let them enjoy Android 8.0 Oreo on their respective Redmi Note 4 handsets.