MIUI fans will happy to hear that the most stable XOSP (Xperia Open Source Project) ROM based on Marshmallow released and is available to download for all Xiaomi Redmi 2/Prime users. It is a pre-rooted ROM based on CM13 and brings all the customization options. Xiaomi always disappointed its fans for not providing Android updates in time whether it is a mid-range device or a flagship. But thanks to developers, who always work hard and release custom rom’s based on latest Android version to provide similar experience. The following tutorial will guide you to download & install XOSP Marshmallow ROM on Redmi 2/Prime.
Quick Review of XOSP ROM for Redmi 2/Prime
- No lagging issues
- ROM is based on CM 13. So you can access all the customization option of it.
- No heating issue
- Gaming performance is good.
- Great camera functionality.
- The ROM has some pre-installed apps from the Sony’s Xperia Lineup
- Pre-rooted ROM
- The ROM can be flashed on both Redmi 2 and Redmi 2 Prime devices.
- The battery percentage should be 70% or more to avoid unnecessary turn-off between the update process which might brick your Redmi device.
- TWRP Recovery should be installed.
- You need to back up all the data and IMEI number in order to restore if it is lost.
- USB debugging should be enabled (Simple guide)
- Redmi 2/Prime should have root access (complete guide)
Install Marshmallow XOSP ROM on Redmi 2/Prime
2. Now you need to reboot into TWRP recovery mode.
3. Wipe the user data.
4. From the main menu, select install and locate the marshmallow ROM.
5. Swipe to flash the ROM.
6. Similarly flash Gapps zip package.
7. Reboot the device into normal mode. (The first boot might take up to 10 minutes)
Once its boots up you need to finish the setup process which includes date, time, language, Google account, and more.