Looking to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi 4X / 4 MIUI 8 smartphone, then there is no need to look further as here we have shared simple tutorial on the same. As we all know, flashing TWRP recovery on Redmi 4X / 4 gives you additional functions which the stock recovery fails to deliver. With custom recovery installed on your Xiaomi device, one can install Mods, gain root access and flash custom ROMs. So without much looking further, do follow our step by step guide on how to download & install Redmi 4X / 4 TWRP Recovery.
To remind you, the Xiaomi Redmi 4X and Redmi 4 are the similar handsets launched for different variants. Xiaomi Redmi 4X is the handset launched for the Chinese market while the same device was introduced in India as Xiaomi Redmi 4 with similar specifications and features. Collecting back the specifications, the Redmi 4X/ 4 sports a 5-inch HD 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 SoC, 2GB/3GB/4GB RAM, 13MP rear camera, 4100mAh battery and runs on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
You may also like Download Xiaomi Redmi 4 PC Suite, Mi Flash Tool
- Make sure the bootloader of your device is unlocked. If not, follow our simple guide on how to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 4X / 4.
- This tutorial is compatible only with Redmi 4X or Redmi 4. Don’t try to install on any other Xiaomi model.
- Enable Developer Options by going to Settings > About Phone and tapping on build number multiple times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer options. Make sure that the USB Debugging is checked.
- Make sure the battery level on your mobile is more thyan 75% to avoid unnecessary power-off between the update process which might result in a brick.
- Install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure to backup Android Apps, Text Messages, WhatsApp, Call History before starting the installation process.
- Setup ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your Windows PC.
Disclaimer: Flashing TWRP Custom Recovery voids your company warranty. We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device. Proceed at your own risk.
Guide to Install TWRP Recovery 3.1.0 on Xiaomi Redmi 4X / 4
1. Download TWRP (twrp_santoni_3.1.0.img) and transfer it to the same ADB/Fastboot folder.
2. Turn off your device & boot into bootloader mode. To do this, you need to press & hold Volume Up + Power key together.
3. Next, connect the device to PC using a standard USB cable.
4. Go to ADB & Fastboot folder and open command prompt by tapping Shift + Right click anywhere in the folder.
5. In the command window, you’ve to enter the following command and hit enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrp_santoni_3.1.0.img
That’s it! TWRP installation starts on your device. Once done, disconnect the device from PC. To boot into TWRP Recovery, you need to press and hold the Volume Down + Power keys together.