Xiaomi Redmi 2/Prime is one of the best launches of the company for both Chinese and International market. The device currently runs on Android Lollipop with MIUI 7 on top. Recently the company announced MIUI 8 China developer ROM for both Redmi 2 and Redmi 2 Prime. So all those users who wanted to experience the MIUI 8 can flash this Developer ROM on their respective Mi & Redmi devices. As the ROM is still under development, users might face several bugs and issues.
There is no exact date when Xiaomi will release official MIUI 8 China/Developer Stable ROM update, but the reports claims somewhere in August this year. Till then download and install the MIUI 8 China Developer ROM on your Redmi 2/Prime smartphone.
How to install MIUI 8 on Xiaomi Redmi 2/Prime
1. Based on your device model number, download MIUI 8 China Developer ROM.
2. Transfer the ROM to your device storage.
3. Now you need to boot your device into TWRP recovery. To do so, just press Volume up + Power button at the same time.
4. If you want, you can take backup of current ROM to be on safe side and also wipe data.
5. Now from the recovery main menu, choose ‘Install’ and navigate the ROM file from phone memory.
6. Select the ROM and confirm the flash.
7. Hold your seat until the flashing process is completed.
8. Once done, reboot the device into normal mode and start enjoying the MIUI 8 on your Xiaomi Redmi 2/Prime.
Note: The first boot might take up to 15 minutes. So keep patience and wait.
Do share the post with your friends and relatives using the below social buttons and let them enjoy the new MIUI 8 on their respective devices.