As we all know, Fingerprint security has become quite essential feature these days and most of the devices comes equipped with fingerprint sensor either on the rear side or in the front along the physical home button. Xiaomi is one of the smartphone vendor to include the fingerprint scanner on its Mi & Redmi lineup smartphones. To remind you, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 was the first company handset to include fingerprint security and there after company implemented on most of its devices.
Earlier we have already shared guide on how to setup fingerprint lock on Xiaomi Mi/Redmi Phones. In case, if you wanted to remove the registered fingerprint ID from your Xiaomi phone then here’s the guide for you. Many users might not be aware of this and thus searching here & there for the solution. Now you’ve done with your search as we have a simple tutorial to remove/delete Fingerprint lock from Xiaomi MIUI phones.
How to Disable Fingerprint Lock in Mi/Redmi phones:
The following steps will guide you how to remove fingerprint lock security on any Xiaomi phone running on MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM –
1. Launch Settings app on your device.
2. Under System & Device settings, find out Lock screen & password and tap on it.
3. Now you need to select ‘Manage fingerprints’.
4. In the next screen, you have to enter the password which you’ve created while adding the fingerprint security.
5. Choose the fingerprint you want to delete.
6. Finally, tap on ‘Remove fingerprint’ to delete the fingerprint permanently. Similarly you can delete all your fingerprint ID’s one after another.
Apart from the above guide, users can also perform Factory Reset to remove fingerprint lock from your Xiaomi mobile. But it will erases all your data & resets your device to factory settings. Do visit out MIUI 8 section for more tips, tricks & tutorials.
Related Content: How to lock/unlock apps usiing fingerprint scanner