Hey MIUIers, Xiaomi has just released MIUI 8 update for Mi 3 and Mi 4 smartphones. It is available via OTA (over-the-air) and brings the version MIUI 220.127.116.11.MXDMIDI. All the Mi 3/4 users on Global Stable ROM will get the update notifications directly on their screen.
As MIUI 8 is a major upgrade after MIUI 7, it brings several new features and performance improvements (check below source link for complete changelog). The following is some of the highlights of the Mi 4/3 MIUI 18.104.22.168.MXDMIDI update –
- New – App lock: Unlock all apps at once (06-23)
- New – Saved and available Wi-Fi networks appear first in the list (07-05)
- New – After a permission is restricted, a clickable notification is sent to the user which can restore permissions (07-05)
- New – Automatic adjustments for photos when sharing (07-19)
- New – Delete photos from device only when browsing offline albums (07-27)
- New – Three-fingered swipe for screenshots (08-09)
- New – The app order in quick sharing is dynamically sorted by usage frequency (09-13)
- Optimization – Loading speed for the first reboot after OTA (06-21)
If you haven’t received OTA update, need not to worry as it might take couple of days to appear on your device notification tray. You can also use the ‘Updater’ app to manually check for updates. But users on MIUI 8 Global Developer ROM or any other custom rom will not receive OTA update. These Xiaomi Mi 3/ 4 users need to flash fastboot ROM in order to enjoy MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable update. Just follow below steps to download and flash MIUI 8 global stable ROM on Mi 3/ 4.
How to update: There are three possible ways to update your MIUI device to latest version – Mi Recovery, Mi PC Suite, and Mi Flash tool. Do check our guide on how to install MIUI 8 ROM for all the three methods.
Already upgraded to MIUI 8, do share your thoughts in the below comment section.
Source – MIUI Forum