In this guide, we’ll teach you how to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 running on latest Android operating system. Xiaomi launched two different variants of Redmi Note 4 – the MediaTek powered chipset was exclusive for China while the Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC was an international variant. The following bootloader procedure is meant only for Redmi Note 4 MediaTek variant. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is one of the powerful device in the Redmi lineup featuring 5.5-inch display, 13MP rear camera, 32/64GB internal storage, and a 4100mAh massive battery.
Unlocking bootloader brings several advantages to your device. It open doors to the system files and then you can install a custom recovery. It then enables you to root your mobile and install third-part custom ROMs. Without much ado, follow the below steps to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 4.
- The below tutorial is compatible only with Redmi Note 4 MediaTek MT6797 Helio X20 chipset variant. Don’t try on any other Xiaomi model.
- Download & install USB Drivers on your PC. You can refer the link download Redmi Note 4 USB Drivers.
- Make sure to backup all your important data including Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call History, WhatsApp messages and more to safe location. You can download third-party backup application from Google Play Store.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- The device should be charged up to 80-85% battery level in order to avoid unnecessary power off between the update process.
Disclaimer: Unlocking bootloader voids company warranty. We (Xiaomiadvices.com) should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the process. It’s you trying at your own risk.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Here is the complete step by step guide to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. We’d recommend you to first go through all steps before actually performing it on your Redmi Note 4 device.
1. Firstly, you need to download Mi Flash Unlock tool on your PC.
2. Extract the folder on your desktop and open the .exe file.
3. Login with your Mi account. If you still doesn’t have Mi account, create one.
4. Now the unlock process starts and you’ll receive the following message “You don’t have the permission to Unlock the device”.
5. Simply click on “Go” button to get unlock permission.
6. Next click on “Unlock Now” button and login with your Mi account.
7. Now you need to wait till OTP (one-time password) arrives on your device. It may takes up to several days to get the OTP.
8. Once you get OTP, open the Mi Flash tool and this time you have the permission to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 4.
9. Simply follow the on-screen instructions to unlock the bootloader.
Congrats! Now you have Redmi Note 4 with unlocked bootloader. You can enjoy installation of custom recovery (TWRP) and root access on your smartphone.