Most of the Android users might be familiar to take screenshot on their devices using hardware buttons (Power + Volume down), but here we have a quick guide on how to take screenshots in CWM/TWRP custom recovery. Many people encounter several issues and bugs in Recovery mode and wanted to take screenshot of this error to share with friends for solutions. In this way, the capturing screenshots will be much handy.
Users just need to install ADB drivers on PC and then boot the device into recovery mode to capture screenshots. Before starting with the following procedure, make sure to backup all your important data to a safe location.
- Setup ADB Drivers on your PC.
- TWRP/CWM recovery should be installed on your Android device.
- Make sure device USB Drivers are installed on PC.
- A standard USB cable to establish connection between your device and PC.
Take Screenshot in CWM/TWRP Recovery for all devices:
1. Firstly download recovery screenshot toolkit and extract the same on your computer using Winrar or 7Z software.
2. Now go to the extracted folder and double click on RUNrs.bat file.
3. Once the program is launched, you need to choose option 1 to proceed further.
4. Next enter your device’s pixel size (Ex. 576 x 1024) to continue.
5. You will see “Pulling framebuffer from your device” being displayed on the screen. Make sure your Android device has been rebooted into recovery mode and being connected with PC. That’s it! The tool will automatically takes screenshots from recovery and will be saved on your computer.
6. Now you will see a new folder named ‘Pixel_formats’ in toolkit folder. Now from the tool, select option 1 and enter the file name which you note earlier.
7. That’s it! You can perform any task from your recovery mode and whenever you wanted to take a screenshot just select option 3 – Get both framebuffers from tool.
8. The screenshots captured will be automatically saved in toolkit folder with current date.
For any queries or issues, do leave a comment below.