Over security concern, Xiaomi has started shipping its smartphones with locked bootloaders. This makes difficult for users to enter into recovery mode and enjoy the freedom of flashing. There are instances where users might have flashed developer ROM due to Xiaomi taking long period for rolling out OTA updates. But every time things doesn’t goes correctly. Users may encounter several bugs or even the ROM may be still unstable for your device. Only way to get rid of situation is flashing Stable ROM through Updater App.
But several Xiaomi users have also faced “Couldn’t verify update package” error while installing the update package via Updater app. For all those users, here we have shared simple tutorial which lets you unbrick and downgrade any Xiaomi Mi & Redmi phone from Developer ROM to Stable ROM. Also how to Root MIUI 8 on all Mi & Redmi phones
- This process works only with Xiaomi smartphones. Don’t try to execute on any other company smartphones.
- Make sure to maintain enough charging level on your device to avoid unnecessary power-off between the process.
- It will erase all your device data, so make sure to back-up everything before you start off the process.
- Download & install Mi Flash tool on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your mobile. To do so, go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on MIUI Version around 7 times until Developer Tools is enabled. Now again go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Tools and enable USB Debugging option. You can also follow our post on how to enable USB Debugging and Developer options on Xiaomi phones.
- Setup ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: Xiaomi Advices should not responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the flashing process. Always proceed at your own risk.
How to Unbrick & Downgrade any Xiaomi Mi & Redmi device from Developer ROM to Stable ROM
Step 1: Connect the device with PC using a standard USB cable.
Step 2: From ADB folder, open “Command Window”.
Step 3: Give the following commands one after another to boot your device into download mode:
adb reboot edl
Step 4: Now you need to download latest version of Fastboot ROM based on your device model number and save it on your PC.
Step 5: Launch Mi Flash Tool on your PC.
Step 6: Click on “Browse”.
Step 7: Now set the path of the fastboot file extract and select “Image”.
Step 8: Now Click on “Browse” and “Advanced”.
Step 9: Now in the first line, choose “flashall.bat”.
Step 10: Choose “Flash All” at the bottom on the radio button. Also how to flash fastboot ROM via Mi Flash Tool
Step 11: Tap on ‘Refresh’ and then ‘Flash’. That’s it! Wait for 10 minutes still the flashing process is completed. Once done, you’ll see progress bar being turned completely green.
Step 12: Disconnect the device from PC and you’re all set to boot into Stable ROM by long pressing the power button.
That’s it! You have successfully downgraded your Xiaomi smartphone to Stable firmware. Don’t forget to share the post with your friends on Facebook using the below social buttons.