Xiaomi Redmi 1S users can experience the new Android 7.0 Nougat firmware using the unofficial CyanogenMod 14 custom ROM. All credits goes to GuneetAtwal, XDA Senior Member for developing this CM14 ROM for Redmi 1S. As it is still under initial nougat alpha build, users may face certain bugs and issues after flashing the ROM. But nothing to worry, as everything will be fix in its timely updates.
This unofficial CM14 ROM for Redmi 1S brings several Nougat features including better battery life and efficient performance. Users just need to download the Android 7.0 Nougat ROM and flash it via TWRP recovery. So without much wasting time, follow the below step by step guide on how to update Redmi 1S to CM14 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware. Also download CM14 Nougat ROM for Redmi Note 3
- This guide works only with Redmi 1S. Don’t try on any other Xiaomi model.
- Perform complete backup of your device.
- Maintain a battery level of 75% or above in order to avoid unnecessary power-off between the flashing processes.
- Redmi 1s should have root access and TWRP Recovery installed.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
Disclaimer: Rooting Android phone and flashing custom ROMs voids your company warranty. So understand the risk and proceed at your own interest. We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the update process.
How to Install CM14 Android Nougat on Redmi 1S:
2. Connect the device with your computer and transfer the downloaded files on your device storage.
3. Disconnect the device with PC and turn it off.
4. Now boot into Recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Down + Power Button” together.
5. From recovery main menu, perform Nandroid backup of your device in order to restore just in case any mishap occurs.
6. Perform Factory Reset from the path Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, system, and data. Swipe to confirm the action.
7. Then choose Install and select the CM14 ROM file which you have copied to device storage. You need to Swipe in order to start the flashing process. Once done, repeat the same step to flash GApps zip file.
8. Wipe cache & Dalvik cache and reboot your device.
9. Congrats! You have successfully upgraded Redmi 1S to Android 7.0 Nougat firmware using CM14 ROM.