If you’re new to Xiaomi MIUI ROM and doesn’t know how to boot your Mi 6 smartphone to recovery mode, then here is the guide for you. There are two different methods which lets you boot into recovery mode. Stock recovery on any Android smartphone lets users perform several tasks like install other Zip files, wipe cache or the data partition. Users can also perform factory reset via recovery mode which will be much handy in case you’ve forgotten device password.
Apart from stock recovery, there is also custom recoveries like TWRP, CWM recovery, etc. which can perform more tasks compared to that of stock recovery. You can check our guide on how to install TWRP custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6.
Xiaomi Mi 6 Recover Mode:
There are two different methods to boot Xiaomi Mi 6 into Recovery Mode. You can use whichever way you find the easiest.
Boot Xiaomi Mi 6 into Recovery Mode using Hardware Buttons
1. Firstly, you need to turn off your mobile.
2. Next power-on the Mi 6 by pressing and holding Power + Volume Up + Home buttons together.
That’s it! Now your device enters into stock recovery mode. Use the volume and power buttons to navigate around the recovery mode.
Enter Recovery Mode on Xiaomi Mi 6 using ADB on Windows
This is another method which will lets you to enter into recovery mode on your Xiaomi Mi 6.
2. Take a USB cable and connect your device to PC.
3. Go to ADB & Fastboot folder and open command window. To do so, you need to press Shift + Right click anywhere in the folder.
4. Give the following command and hit Enter.
adb reboot recovery
5. Your Mi 6 device will turn off and reboots into recovery mode.
If you face any difficulty while entering into recovery mode on your Mi 6 handset, do let us know in the below comments.