Xiaomi Redmi 4 can be upgraded to Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware using Mokee Custom ROM. It is a much stable ROM free from bugs and issues.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 is already in the official list of Xiaomi phones eligible to get Android Nougat update. It is expected to take couple of months for this update being pushed via OTA. But, if you’re one among those who wanted to experience the Nougat firmware, then you’re at the right place. Here, we have shared complete tutorial to update Redmi 4 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware using MoKee custom ROM. As it is a custom ROM, it brings all features which makes your device most of it.
Without much wasting time, do follow our step by step guide to flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 4 smartphone.
- The following custom ROM is compatible only with Xiaomi Redmi 4. Don’t try to flash on any other Xiaomi/Android smartphone.
- Make sure your device runs on latest version of MIUI ROM.
- Ensure you have perform backup of all your files. Since we will be completely wiping the internal memory of the phone, you will end up losing your files.
- The battery level on your Redmi 4 mobile should be more than 75% to avoid unnecessary power-off between the flashing processes.
- Make sure TWRP custom recovery is installed on your device.
- Enable USB Debugging mode from Settings. (Complete Guide)
- Install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: Flashing of custom ROM voids your company warranty. We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after flashing process. Always, proceed at your own risk.
How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat based MoKee ROM on Redmi 4:
1. Download MoKee Nougat ROM and Android 7.1 GApps file on your computer.
2. Connect the device with PC using a USB cable and copy above files.
3. Disconnect your device from PC and turn it off.
4. Now enter into recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Power Key at the same time.
5. From recovery menu, look for wipe and format option >> wipe data, system, cache and Dalvik cache.
6. Once done, go back to recovery main menu and choose ‘Install’.
7. Here you need to navigate ROM file which you have copied to device storage in step 2.
8. After that simply swipe to begin the installation.
9. After it is done, you need to flash GApps in the same manner.
That’s it! Reboot and start enjoying Android 7.1.1 Nougat on your Redmi 4 smartphone.
If you face any difficulty during or after installation process, do let us know in the below comment section.