Xiaomi Mi Max users gets Android 7.1 Nougat firmware update via unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM. If you’re one among those who wanted to experience the Nougat firmware, then here are the step by step instructions to install Android 7.1 based Lineage OS 14.1 on your Xiaomi Mi Max. All credits goes to pappschlumpf, senior Member of XDA for his continuous efforts in developing this ROM. It is a much stable ROM and can be used as a daily driver.
Before we take you to the flashing process, do check out the below pre-requisites which is quite essential to update your Mi Max device.
- It is the procedure meant to work only with Xiaomi Mi Max. Don’t try on any other MIUI or Android device.
- Make sure the battery level is more than 70% to prevent any critical power issue.
- Install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging mode on your Mi Max device. You can also follow our guide here.
- Make sure TWRP Recovery installed on your mobile. Check the following link to install TWRP Recovery on Mi Max.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom ROM voids company warranty. Xiaomi Advices should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the process. Proceed at your own interest.
How to install Android 7.1 Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi Max:
1. Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM and Gapps package from the following links to your computer.
2. Transfer the above files to your device internal storage using a microSD card.
3. Disconnect the device from PC.
4. Turn off your mobile and boot into TWRP Recovery mode using appropriate hardware combination keys.
5. Perform Nandroid backup. This will create backup of the existing ROM, which will be useful to restore if any mishap occurs.
6. Then tap Wipe > Swipe to Factory Reset.
7. Once done, go back to recovery main menu and tap on Install. Here you need to choose the ROM .zip file which you have copied to internal storage. Swipe to confirm the flash.
8. Similarly flash GApps package on your Mi Max device.
That’s it! Reboot your device to start enjoying Android 7.1 Nougat firmware. If you face any issues during or after the installation process, don’t hesitate to contact us via the below comment section.
Related Content: How to update Xiaomi Mi Max to Android 7.0 via MIUI Developer ROM
How to boot Mi Max into EDL (Download) Mode