Google latest operating system i.e. Android 7.0 Nougat is slowly making its way to various top-end and mid-range smartphones. The Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge are the few couple of flagship smartphones currently seeding the Nougat firmware. Xiaomi Mi5 is the company flagship device and there is no official news when the smartphone gets the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware update. Till then, here we have Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM which gives the similar experience of Android 7.0 Nougat.
The following is the tutorial which guides you to install official Android 7.1 Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi5.
- The below update procedure is compatible only with Xiaomi Mi5. Don’t try on any other Android or Xiaomi device.
- Make sure to backup all your data as the process undergoes factory data reset.
- A Custom Recovery has to be installed on your device. However, the TWRP recovery software is recommended.
- Enable USB Debugging and Developers options on your device.
- Maintain a battery level of 60% or more to avoid unnecessary power-off between the update process.
- Install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
How to install Android 7.1 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi5
2. Connect your device with PC using a standard USB cable and copy both the .zip files to your device SD card storage.
3. Disconnect your mobile and boot into TWRP Recovery using appropriate hardware keys (volume down + power button).
4. From recovery menu, go to “Wipe and format option” and perform “Wipe Data, system, cache & Dalvik cache”.
5. Once done, the next step is to install the Lineage OS 14.1 rom on your Mi5. To do that, choose ‘Install’ and select the ROM .zip file from your device SD card. Swipe to confirm the flash.
6. The update process starts and might take up to 5-10 minutes for installation. Once done, it is now time to install the GApps in the same manner.
7. That’s it! Reboot your device to start enjoying Android 7.1 Nougat on your Xiaomi Mi5.
If you have any queries regarding the above installation procedure, do let us know in the below comments. We’ll get back with most possible outcomes.