Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is the successor of Mi Max phablet announced back in May 2017. The device features massive 6.44-inch display and runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS out of the box. Although it’s a year since the launch of the Mi Max 2, it still runs on out of the box OS. Most of you wondering how to update your device to Android Oreo firmware. For all those users, here we have a quick guide on how to install Android 8.1 Oreo based Lineage OS 15.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi Max 2.
Lineage OS 15.1 is a custom ROM based on Android 8.1 Oreo OS. It is a stable ROM and can be used as a daily driver. Some of the key features of Android Oreo are Notifications Channels, Picture In A Picture, Multi-Display Support, Keyboard Navigation, Cheeseburger Emoji, Neural Networks API and many more. What are you waiting for? Do check out the below pre-requisites first and then we’ll take you step by step guide on how to update Mi Max 2 to Android 8.1 Oreo Firmware.
- This ROM can only installed on Mi Max 2. Don’t try to flash on any other Xiaomi model.
- There should be at least 75% battery while starting the installation process.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging from phone’s settings (Guide to Enable USB Debugging)
- Take full Backup of all your important data including Contacts, SMS, Media, Apps Data and others to safe location. Doing this, users can easily restore their data if any data loss occurs.
- Download all the zip files from below and place it to root of your device internal storage or SD card.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom ROM on any Android phone voids company warranty. We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the process which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
Download Mi Max 2 Android 8.1 Oreo Firmware
Steps to install Android 8.0 Oreo based Lineage OS 15.1 ROM on Mi Max 2:
1. Firstly, you need to unlock the Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi Max 2.
2. Now install TWRP Recovery on your device. You can follow our simple guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi phones.
3. Download the Lineage OS 15.1 ROM and compatible GApps from above download section to your device.
4. Next, turn off your mobile and boot into TWRP recovery. Here is a method to boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
5. From the recovery main menu, Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache.
6. Finally, you need to refer the below button to flash Custom ROM and GApps on your device.
That’s it! I hope you’ve successfully installed Lineage OS 15.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi Max 2. If you face any kind of difficulty during the flashing process, do let us know in the below comments. We’ll get back to you with most possible solutions.