Android 9.0 Pie goes official just a few days back with tons of new features and performance improvements. In this guide, we have shared a brief tutorial on how to download and install Android 9.0 Pie update on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is one of the company’s most successfully smartphone in the Redmi lineup and most of the users might be eagerly waiting to experience the latest Android 9.0 Pie firmware. For all those users, you don’t need to wait longer as here we have an Android 9.0 Pie based AOSP 9.0 custom ROM which gives the similar experience. All credits goes to XDA developer abhishek987 for his efforts on creating this AOSP 9.0 stable ROM for the Redmi Note 4. As it is an AOSP ROM, it doesn’t comes bundled with Google applications. So, users need to flash GApps soon after flashing the ROM via TWRP Recovery.
Some of the highlights of the Android P update are a new Gesture-based navigation system, Digital Wellbeing dashboard, Adaptive battery, Ai-powered app actions, Slices, Background restrictions, Smart text selection, upgraded Do Not Disturb mode, improved security model for biometrics, and more.
Before take you to the Redmi Note 4 Android 9.0 Pie ROM flashing process, do first checkout the following pre-requisites.
- This ROM can be installed only on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Don’t try to flash on any other Xiaomi/Android phone.
- Charge your device to sufficient battery level. This avoids unnecessary power-off in-between the flashing process.
- Download and flash the TWRP Recovery on your device. Check how to install TWRP Recovery on any Xiaomi phone.
- You need to perform backup of all your important data. This backup will be useful to restore if any data loss occurs.
- Bootloader of your device should be unlocked. Follow our guide on how to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi phones.
- Download and install the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: Xiaomi Advices is not responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the flashing process. Always, proceed at your own risk.
Download Android 9.0 Pie ROM for Redmi Note 4
AOSP 9.0 ROM: aosp_mido-ota-eng.abhishek.zip
GApps for Android Pie: Download
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi Note 4
1. Download the Android 9.0 Pie based AOSP 9.0 ROM and compatible GApps package to your PC.
2. Connect the device with PC using a standard USB cable.
3. Transfer the downloaded AOSP ROM and GApps to root of your device internal storage.
4. Disconnect the phone and power it off.
5. Now, boot your device into TWRP recovery. Read how to boot Xiaomi phones into TWRP Recovery.
6. In TWRP, go to ‘Wipe’ -> ‘Advanced Wipe’ and select the following partitions: Cache, Dalvik/ART cache, System, and Data.
7. Perform the ‘Swipe to wipe’ to wipe the device.
8. Head back to recovery main menu and tap on ‘Install’ button.
9. Navigate to ‘aosp_mido-ota-eng.abhishek.zip’ file which you have saved to device internal storage. Tap on it and then swipe the button to start the flashing process.
10. Android 9.0 Pie ROM starts installing on your device. Once done, you need to flash GApps in the same manner.
11. Once finished, go to recovery main menu and tap on Reboot System.
12. Now your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 boots into latest Android 9.0 Pie Firmware. Enjoy!
How to Root Redmi Note 3 on Android 9.0 Pie
In case, if you’re interested to root Redmi Note 3 on Android 9 Pie, then do download and install SuperSU root on your phone.
Alternatively, users can also download and install Magisk for one-click root.
That’s the simple guide to update Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 to latest Android 9.0 Pie based AOSP 9.0 ROM. Don’t forget to share your experience in the below comment box.