Google has officially revealed the name of its 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie, last week. The stable version of Android Pie also starts rolling out to Pixel devices and other Google partnered OEM devices via OTA. Not only this, Google also released Android 9.0 Pie source code to developers. These means the developers will start porting the latest Android P ROM on their custom devices. Once the custom ROM is flashed, users need to install GApps separately as it might not include Google applications. So, here we have shared direct links to download Android 9.0 Pie GApps zip file along with installation guide.
GApps is a complete package of Google applications including Google Play Store, Gmail, Google Maps, Google Calendar, Google Plus, and more. AOSP established ROMs not built with Google services pre-installed, so users need to manually flash the GApps package through a TWRP recovery or some other type of custom recovery. These Gapps is also mandatory for ROMs like Resurrection Remix, ParanoidAndroid, OmniROM, SlimROM, etc.
So, if you’ve flashed any of the above ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie, then do follow the below guide to install Android Pie GApps.
- The following GApps can be installed only on smartphones with Android 9 Pie custom ROM.
- Make sure the battery level is more than 75% to avoid unnecessary power-off in-between the flashing process.
- TWRP recovery should be installed on your device. Follow our guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on Android phones.
- Download and install the Android USB Drivers on your PC.
- Although this procedure doesn’t delete your data, but we advise you to perform backup for safety purposes.
- XiaomiAdvices is not responsible for bricking or damaging of your device.
Download Android 9.0 Pie GApps Package
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie GApps Package
1. Firstly, download Android 9.0 Pie GApps package from above link to your PC or directly to device storage. If downloaded to PC, transfer the same to device storage using a standard USB cable.
2. Turn off your device and boot into TWRP recovery.
3. From recovery main menu, tap on Install and select the Android Pie GApps package which you have saved to device storage.
4. Once you are done with selecting the Gapps, simply swipe to confirm the flash.
5. That’s it! All the Google Apps will be automatically flashed on your Android Pie smartphone. Enjoy!
That’s the simply guide to install Android 9.0 Pie GApps zip file on any Android 9 Pie custom ROM. For any queries or issues, do feel free to comment below.