Android 9.0 Pie based AOSP 9.0 custom ROM is available to download for Xiaomi Redmi 4X. In this guide, we have detailed steps overview of how to download and install Android 9.0 Pie Update on Redmi 4X.
It’s just last week Google released Android Pie source code and soon after developers started building Android 9.0 Pie based AOSP custom ROM. Today, an XDA Member hemantac has released an initial build of AOSP 9.0 ROM for Redmi 4X which is stable enough to be used as a daily driver. Although the ROM contains minor bugs and issues, it is one of the best way to experience the Google latest OS before any of your friends does. Users need to download the AOSP 9.0 ROM from below and flash it via TWRP recovery.
The stable version of Android 9.0 Pie brings several new features and performance improvements to Pixel devices. Some of the highlights of the Android P update are a new Gesture-based navigation system, Digital Wellbeing dashboard, Adaptive battery, Ai-powered app actions, Slices, Background restrictions, Smart text selection, upgraded Do Not Disturb mode, improved security model for biometrics, and more.
- This ROM can be installed only on Xiaomi Redmi 4X. Don’t try this on any other Xiaomi/Android model.
- It might erase all your device data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Download and install the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Ensure the battery level on your device is more than 70%. If not, charge it to avoid unnecessary power-off between the flashing procedures.
- The ROM is an initial Pie build and contains bugs.
- TWRP Recovery should be installed on your device. Follow how to install TWRP on any Xiaomi phone.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom ROMs voids company warranty. We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the process which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
Download Android 9.0 Pie for Xiaomi Redmi 4X
Download AOSP 9.0 Pie for Redmi 4x – Download (Download ROM, BOOTIMG_9.0_PATCH, patch_1, patch_2, and afterboot patch)
Android 9.0 Pie Gapps for Redmi 4x – Download
How to install Android 9 Pie based AOSP 9.0 ROM on Redmi 4X
1. Firstly, download Android 9.0 ROM, all patch files and GApps package from above and save it to your device storage.
2. Turn off your device and boot into TWRP recovery mode using appropriate hardware buttons. You can also follow how to boot Xiaomi phones to TWRP recovery.
3. Now you need to perform factory reset. To do so, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
4. Now, head back to recovery main menu and tap on Install. Here, you need to choose the ROM file and swipe to start the installation process.
5. Once done, you need to flash the BOOTIMG_9.0_PATCH, patch_1 and patch_2 and GApps package in the same manner.
6. Wipe cache and dalvik cache again
7. Reboot system
How to Root Redmi Note 3 on Android 9.0 Pie
In case, if you’re interested to root Redmi Note 3 on Android 9 Pie, then do download and install SuperSU root on your phone.
Alternatively, users can also download and install Magisk for one-click root.
Congrats! You’ve successfully installed Android 9.0 Pie based AOSP 9.0 ROM on your Xiaomi Redmi 4X. Don’t forget to share your experience with the ROM in the below comment section. Also, do share the post with your friends on social media and let them update their Xiaomi smartphone to latest Android version.