After releasing unofficial CM14 ROM for YU Yuphoria, Xiaomi Mi3, Mi4, OnePlus 3, OnePlus X and more Android smartphones, now developers has started working on CyanogenMod 14 for Redmi Note 3. In fact, XDA contributor Santhosh M has already developed unofficial CM14 ROM and is available to download. As the ROM is still under development, it might be missing certain Nougat features and also consists of minor bugs and issues.
Without much wasting time, follow the below step by step guide to install unofficial CM14 Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
- The ROM is compatible only with Redmi Note 3. Don’t try to flash on any other Xiaomi model.
- The battery level on your phone should be maintained to 70% or more.
- The flashing process may erase your device data, so it recommended to perform complete backup of your phone.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings > Developer Options.
- Device should have root access (complete guide)
Disclaimer: Flashing custom ROM may void your device warranty completely. Understand the risk involved and continue at your own risk. We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your phone during or after the flashing process.
How to install CM14 on Redmi Note 3:
1. Download CM14 Android Nougat ROM and GApps package for Redmi Note 3 and save it on your device.
2. Make sure TWRP recovery is installed on your device. If not, check the tutorial here.
3. Now you need to boot the device into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold “Volume Down + Power buttons” together.
4. Now you have successfully entered into TWRP recovery mode. To be on safer side, it is recommended to perform Nandroid backup just in case to restore if any mishaps occurs.
5. Perform a factory reset from the path Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
6. Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache.
That’s the simple tutorial to flash CM14 Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on Redmi Note 3. If you face any issues or errors while flashing the ROM, do let us know in the below comment box. We’ll get back to you with most possible outcomes.