Xiaomi Mi5 (Pro) is the company latest flagship smartphone which packs with some stunning specifications and features. With a competitive price tag, it is already taking on other top OEM flagship devices like iPhone 6s, OnePlus 2, Galaxy S7, LG G5 and more. You can check our Comparison section where we have compared the flagship with various other smartphones.
Xiaomi Mi5 on China Stable ROM doesn’t come pre-installed with Google Play Store application. So, here we have simple tutorial on How to download & install Google Play Store on Xiaomi Mi5. Once Play Store is installed, you can enjoy number of apps and games on your device.
Note: The below process is compatible with all Xiaomi devices (Redmi Note 3, Mi Note Pro, Redmi 2 Prime, Mi4i, Mi4c, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Mi4S and more) running on MIUI 7.
How to Install Google Play Store on Xiaomi Mi5
1. Firstly download the Google Play Store files from the below download section.
2. Once downloaded, extract the same on your computer.
3. Now connect the Mi5 with computer using a USB cable and copy the four files obtained after extracting to your device SD card.
4. Disconnect the device.
5. Now open any file manager say ES File Manager and locate the 4 files which earlier you have copied from PC.
6. Then install them one after another.
7. The app opens only when all the 4 files are installed on your Mi5.
8. Once installed, you need to reboot the device.
9. On a successful reboot, you will find Google Play Store on your App Drawer.
10. Just launch the app and Sign-in with your Google account.
11. Now you can start downloading apps from Play Store.
You can also refer the below video for quick installation –
Link 1 or Link 2
In case of any issues, do let us know in the below comment section.
To remind you, Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 7.2 update for its range of devices including Mi5. You can manually download and flash on your mobile from the provided link.
Source – Xiaomi Device