Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, the company’s most popular 2016 mid-range smartphone has surpassed several records in terms of sales number in India. The key factor behind Redmi Note 3 success in Indian market is high-end specs and functionalities for the price it offered. Recently, the company has updated the device to Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware via OTA. As we all know, Xiaomi is much lazy regarding firmware updates and the Marshmallow for the handset was much surprising one. Android 7.1 Nougat is out and it’s currently rolled out to various flagship smartphones. Of all users, Redmi Note 3 owners are the one eagerly looking for the Nougat update. For all those users, here we have Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware.
There is no official word when the Nougat update will be rolled out to Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, till then users can enjoy the Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM. Without much wasting time, do check out the below pre-requisites and then we’ll directly take you to the step by step procedure on how to install Android 7.1 Nougat on Redmi Note 3. Also how to use two SIMs, MicroSD card together on Redmi Note 3
- The following guide is compatible only with Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650 SoC variant. Don’t try on any other model.
- Just like other smartphones system update, here also you need to perform backup of all your important data (media, documents, contacts, etc.) present on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. You can use third party Android application for backup purpose.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery on your device. If not, follow our guide on how to flash TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 3.
- Charge your device well enough to avoid unnecessary power-off between the update processes which might also result in bricking of your handset.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enable on your device.
- Once you have set-up everything for the update, you can follow our below quick steps to flash the custom ROM onto your Redmi smartphone.
Disclaimer: Xiaomi Advices is not responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the flashing process which is uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly. Also Best Redmi Note 3 tips & tricks
How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Step 1: Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM and compatible GApps package to your computer. Now you need to connect the device with PC via USB cable and copy the both .zip files to your phone SD card.
Step 2: Disconnect the device from PC and boot into TWRP recovery mode using appropriate hardware buttons (Volume Down + Power Key).
Step 3: Now you need to wipe cache and Dalvik cache from the path Wipe And Format Option > Wipe Data, System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. This will ease all your data from device storage.
Step 4: Head back to recovery main menu and tap on ‘Install’.
Step 5: Select the file which you have copied to device SD card and Swipe to confirm the flash.
Step 6: It takes few minutes to complete the flashing process. Once done, you need to install the GApps in the similar manner.
Step 7: Reboot your device. As this is the first reboot after flashing process, it might takes few minutes. So, you need to keep little patient and wait.
Once the device boots-up, you’re all set to enjoy Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS 14.1 on your Redmi Note 3. Don’t forget to share the post with your friends & relatives and let them update their device to latest version of Android. Also: Top Games for Redmi Note 3