Xiaomi Mi Note 2 gets Android 9.0 Pie based unofficial Lineage OS 16 ROM support. It is a much stable ROM to be used as a daily driver. All credits goes to XDA developer joe2k01 for his efforts on developing this ROM. Here in this post we will guide you on how to download and install Android 9.0 Pie custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi Note 2.
As we all know, the Android 9 Pie is Google’s latest operating system which brings several new features and performance improvements over the previous version. Some of the highlights of Android Pie are Digital Wellbeing, New Gesture Navigation, Adaptive battery and brightness, App actions, Slices, Improved security features, and more. Xiaomi Mi Note 2 being an older device, the changes are very minimal to get Android 9.0 Pie update. In this case, the custom ROM’s are the best option to go with. Without much ado, follow the below steps to flash Android 9.0 Pie firmware on Mi Note 2.
The Xiaomi Mi Note 2 sports a 5.7-inch OLED 3D dual curved glass display with 1920 x 1080 pixels screen resolution. It has dual SIM support and powered by 2.35GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor coupled with Adreno 530 GPU. It features a 22.56-MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash which is accompanied with an 8MP front facing camera. The Mi Note 2 comes in two storage variants – 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage and 6GB RAM with 128GB storage. A 4070mAh battery provides juice to the device.
- This ROM can be installed only on Xiaomi Mi Note2. Don’t try to flash on any other Xiaomi/Android phone.
- Make sure the bootloader of your device is unlocked. If not, follow our guide on how to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi phones.
- Ensure the battery level on your device is more than 50%.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.
- Download and install the Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Your device should be rooted (Root Guide) and the latest TWRP recovery should be installed. (Complete guide)
Disclaimer: We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the procedure. Always, proceed at your own risk.
Download Android 9.0 Pie based Lineage OS 16 ROM for Xiaomi Mi Note 2
Lineage OS 16 ROM – Download
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi Note 2 | Android 9.0 Pie
1. Download the Android 9.0 Pie ROM file as well as GApps package from above download section to your PC.
2. Connect your device with PC using a standard USB cable and transfer the downloaded files to root folder of your device internal storage.
3. Disconnect the device and turn it off.
4. Next, boot your device into TWRP Recovery by holding Power + Volume down buttons together for a few seconds. You can also check our guide on how to boot Xiaomi phones into TWRP recovery.
5. From the Recovery Mode, Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik cache.
6. Now, follow the steps listed here to flash ROM package and then install GApps package in the same manner.
7. Wipe Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache again.
8. Reboot System!
Root Mi Note 2 on Android 9.0 Pie
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
I hope the above tutorial was helpful in flashing Android 9.0 Pie based Lineage OS 16 ROM on Xiaomi Mi Note 2. If you have doubts regarding this proceed, feel free to ask us in the below comments.