Xiaomi Mi Mix, the company’s first bezel-less smartphone gets unofficial Android 9.0 Pie based Lineage OS 16 ROM support. In this guide, we’ve shared complete steps to download and install Android 9.0 Pie firmware on Xiaomi Mi Mix [Lineage OS 16].
Although this Lineage OS 16 ROM is still under early development mode, it still can be used as a daily driver. All credits go to developer bgcngm for their efforts in developing this ROM. As the ROM is based on Google’s latest OS i.e. the Android 9.0 Pie, it brings several new features including Digital Wellbeing, Adaptive battery, Gesture-based navigation, Slices, Adaptive Brightness, and more. To enjoy these features on your Xiaomi Mi Mix, simply download the Lineage OS 16 ROM and flash it via TWRP recovery. Without much ado, follow the below step by step guide to install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi Mix (Android 9.0 Pie).
To remind you, the Xiaomi Mi Mix was announced in 2016 featuring a large 6.4-inch (2040 x 1080 pixels) full HD screen with a whopping 91.3% screen-to-body ratio and ceramic body. It sports a 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, and a custom-made 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has 4GB/6GB of RAM, 128GB/256GB of internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box. A 4400mAh battery provides juice to the device.
- This Android 9 Pie based ROM can be installed only on Xiaomi Mi Mix. Don’t try to flash on any other Xiaomi/Android smartphone.
- Make sure the bootloader of your device is unlocked. Check how to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi phones.
- The device should have root access and a TWRP custom recovery installed.
- The following flashing process undergoes a factory reset. So, it is advisable to perform the backup of all your important data.
- There should be enough battery on your smartphone to execute the flashing procedure without any power-off.
- Download and install the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
Download Xiaomi Mi Mix Android 9.0 Pie Firmware
Lineage OS 16 ROM – Download
Android 9.0 Pie GApps – Download
Disclaimer: Flashing of custom ROM voids company warranty. We should not be held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the flashing procedure. Always, proceed at your own risk.
How to install unofficial Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi Mix | Android 9.0 Pie
1. Firstly, download the files from the above links.
2. Transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
3. Turn off your device and boot into TWRP recovery. To do so, you need to press and hold power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds. You can also check how to boot Xiaomi phones into TWRP recovery.
4. Wipe System Data from TWRP Recovery.
5. Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
6. Again follow the above guide to install GApps on your Xiaomi Mi Mix smartphone.
7. That’s it! Reboot your Xiaomi Mi Mix to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie based Lineage OS 16 ROM.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Mi Mix:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
For any queries, feel free to comment below! Also, share the post with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and let them experience the latest Android 9 Pie firmware on their Xiaomi Mi Mix smartphone.