Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 users will be happy to hear that the company has started rolling out the latest MIUI 10 Global Beta Update. It brings the build version 8.6.14. The Redmi Note 5 users on MIUI Beta ROM and selected for MIUI 10 beta testing will get the update via OTA (over-the-air) while others on Stable or any other custom ROM need to flash it manually. If you’re among those who’re new to MIUI and doesn’t have idea about flashing, then need not to worry. Here we have easy steps which guide you on how to download & install MIUI 10 8.6.14 update on Redmi Note 5.
As MIUI 10 is a major upgrade, it brings several new features and performance improvements of its previous version. The MIUI 8.6.14 Beta update brings an updated Mi Browser with an optimized start page, PWA (Progressive Web App) support, better search functionality, and App Vault with a World Cup card. Further, the update fixes Greek language localization where PM was being shown as AM. It also includes revamped recent apps interface, new AI features, Driving mode, smart home manager, support for inbuilt Mi Ecosystem, AI Portrait mode, and more.
It is important to note that as the ROM is still under development, users may face bugs and issues after installing on their supportive smartphone. So, it is advisable not to flash on your daily driver.
Although the download link of MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM is official but the only way to install the ROM is via TWRP. So, first you need to flash TWRP Custom Recovery and then MIUI beta ROM. Without much ado, check out the below pre-requisites and then we’ll directly take you to the guide on how to Flash MIUI 10 Beta ROM on Redmi Note 5.
Download Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 v8.6.14 MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 v8.6.14 MIUI 10 ROM | Download
- Redmi Note 5 TWRP | Download
- MIUI 10 GApps | Download
Before we take you to the installation process, you have to full-fill the below requirements. Check it out –
- This ROM can be flashed only on Redmi Note 5. Don’t try to use it on any other Xiaomi model.
- Bootloader of your device should be unlocked (Complete guide).
- Ensure there is enough battery level on your device to avoid unnecessary power-off in-between the flashing process.
- You need a PC/Laptop and a micro USB cable.
- Perform backup of all your important data.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your Laptop/PC.
- Install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: XiaomiAdvices should not held responsible for any bricking/damage occurs to your device which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
How to Install MIUI 10 8.6.14 Global Beta ROM on Redmi Note 5
1. Download MIUI 10 8.6.14 ROM, GApps, and TWRP image file from above download section to your PC.
2. Transfer the MIUI 10 ROM zip file and GApps to your device storage. Also move the TWRP image file to ADB and Fastboot folder.
3. Now you need to boot your device into Fastboot mode. To do so, you need to switch off your phone >> press the power key + volume down keys at the same time.
4. Connect your device to PC/laptop.
5. Next boot your device into TWRP recovery. To do it go to the ADB folder press shift + right click and click on ‘Open Powershell window here’.
6. Give the following command which boots your device into TWRP recovery.
fastboot boot twrp.img
7. Now TWRP recovery main menu will be appeared on your device display. Perform a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, system, and data and swipe to confirm it.
8. Now go to install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to install the ROM file.
9. Once done, you need to flash GApps in a similar manner.
10. Now wipe cache and Dalvik cache again and Reboot System.
Done! You’ve successfully upgraded your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 to MIUI 10 8.6.14 Global Beta ROM. For any queries, drop a comment below.
You may also like –
- Download Redmi Note 5 Pro MIUI 10 8.6.14 Update
- MIUI 10 Download – Global ROMs, Wallpapers, Themes, Ringtones, and Apps APK
- MIUI 10 – Release Date, Eligible Devices, Features