Lineage OS 14.1 ROM is available for Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus flagship smartphone. It is a stable ROM based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS. The device runs on Android Marshmallow firmware out of the box and the company still have to release Nougat update to the device. Till then, the Lineage OS 14.1 is the best option to enjoy all those Nougat features on your smartphone. Here, we have shared the complete tutorial to download and install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus.
Collecting back the specifications, the Mi 5s Plus flaunts a 5.7-inch Full HD display, is powered by a 2.35GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 SoC, 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB/128GB of internal storage and dual SIM support. There is a 13MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX258 sensor, PDAF, 4K video recording, and a 4MP front facing camera. On the back, there is a 3800mAh battery which provides backup for an entire day.
- The following guide works only with Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus. Don’t try to install on any other Xiaomi phone.
- Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 80%.
- Make sure to install latest Xiaomi USB drivers on your PC.
- Download and install latest TWRP Custom recovery on your device.
- Backup your important data by creating a Nandroid back up. This will also let you create backup of your current firmware which helps you to restore if any data loss occurs.
- Enable USB Debugging from device settings.
How to install Android 7.1 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
1. Download the official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM and Google Apps from the following link to your computer.
2. Take a USB cable and connect the device with PC.
3. Now you need to copy the downloaded files to your device storage.
4. Disconnect the device and boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
5. From recovery main menu, tap on “Wipe” and then swipe the slider from left to right to begin the wipe process.
6. Now you’re all set to flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom rom on your Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus. To do so, choose install and navigate to the folder in which you have copied the ROM file.
7. Confirm the flash by swiping across the slider. Wait for a while till the flashing process is completed.
8. Similarly, you need to flash Google Apps on your device.
9. Reboot your device.
That’s it! You have successfully installed Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus. Having issues during the flashing process, do let us know in the below comment section.