It’s a long time since the Xiaomi Mi 6 users have been eagerly waiting for the Android 9 Pie firmware. Today, the users will be happy to hear that the company has started rolling out the Android Pie version through the MIUI 10.4.1.0 Global Stable update. It brings all the Pie goodness alongside the May 2019 security patch update. Read on to manually download and install Android Pie-based MIUI 10.4 Global Stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi 6.
The latest firmware update for Xiaomi Mi 6 brings the version MIUI 10.4.1.0.PCAMIXM and is pushed via OTA (over-the-air) in a phase-wise manner. It can take a couple of days or even a week to reach each and every Mi 6 handset. Users can also check the update through Settings > About phone > System update. If you’re impatient and wanted to experience the update right away, then follow the below steps to manually flash MIUI 10.4 firmware on the Mi 6.
Before we take you to the flashing procedure, do make sure you’ve fulfilled all the following requirements:
- This firmware supports only Xiaomi Mi 6. Don’t try to install on any other model which might result in a brick.
- There should be at least 70% battery to perform the update process.
- Download and install the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and install the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool on your PC [for 2nd method].
- Perform backup of all your important data. This will be handy if any data loss occurs.
Disclaimer: XiaomiAdvices is not responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the flashing process which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
Download MIUI 10.4.1.0 Global Stable Pie ROM
- MIUI 10.4.1.0.PCAMIXM Fastboot ROM – Download
- MIUI 10.4.1.0.PCAMIXM Recovery ROM – Download
How to install Android 9 Pie MIUI 10.4 on Xiaomi Mi 6
Once the MIUI 10.4 Fastboot or Recovery ROM is downloaded, tap the below button for a step-by-step flashing tutorial.
That’s it! I hope you’ve successfully upgraded Xiaomi Mi 6 to latest MIUI 10.4 Pie software. In case, if you have struck somewhere or had any queries, feel free to leave a comment below.