MIUI 10 8.6.21 download for Redmi 6, Redmi 6A: Xiaomi at the Mi 8 launch event also announced its latest version of MIUI skin called the MIUI 10. As promised, the company has already started rolling out MIUI 10 beta update for users who enrolled for closed beta program. Xiaomi Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A are the latest devices receiving MIUI 10 v8.6.21 China Beta update. The update is based on Android 8.1 Oreo and is rolling out via OTA (over-the-air).
Owners of the Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A will be happy to hear that the latest MIUI 10 update can be downloaded & installed from below tutorial. The ROM is open for all irrespective for those who have selected for beta program. Do note that this is the software’s Chinese ROM. Even so, you still get an option of English language as well, but there are no Google Play apps and services installed. Users need to manually flash Google Apps once done with the ROM flashing.
Without much ado, check out the below pre-requisites and then we’ll directly take you to step-by-step guide on how to install MIUI 10 on Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A.
- The ROM is compatible only with Redmi 6 / Redmi 6A. Don’t try to flash on any other Xiaomi model.
- There should be at least 75% battery on your device to perform the flashing process.
- Bootloader of your device should be unlocked. Follow our guide on how to Unlock Bootloader of any Xiaomi phone.
- TWRP Custom Recovery should be installed on your Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A. (Download)
- Perform backup of all your important data to safe location.
- XiaomiAdvices is not responsible for bricking or damage of your smartphone. Always, proceed at your own interest.
Download MIUI 10 8.6.21 Beta ROM:
- MIUI 10 ROM for Redmi 6 (Recovery ROM) – Download
- MIUI 10 ROM for Redmi 6A (Recovery ROM) – Download
- MIUI 10 GApps Download
Steps to Install MIUI 10 8.6.21 Beta ROM on Redmi 6, Redmi 6A via TWRP recovery
1. Download the MIUI 10 8.6.21 ROM from above download section to your PC / laptop and move the file to the internal storage of your device.
2. Turn off your device & boot into TWRP Recovery. You can follow our guide on how to boot Xiaomi phones into TWRP recovery.
3. From recovery main menu, select WIPE > Advanced Wipe and “Swipe to Factory Reset”.
4. Go back to main menu and tap on ‘Install’. Here you need to select the ROM zip file which you have saved to device storage in Step 1.
5. Swipe to confirm the flash. The flashing process takes couple of minutes to finish! So, keep patience and wait.
6. Once done, you need to flash GApps (Google Apps) in a similar manner.
7. Reboot system.
That’s the simple guide to update Xiaomi Redmi 6, Redmi 6A to MIUI 10 v8.6.21 Beta firmware. Enjoy!
You may also like –
- Download MIUI 10 Update for Mi Mix 2
- Download Install Redmi Note 5 MIUI 10 Update
- Download Redmi Note 5 Pro MIUI 10 Update