MIUI 10 update for Xiaomi Mi 8: Xiaomi at the Mi 8 launch event last month also announced its latest MIUI skin, the MIUI 10 based on Android 8.x Oreo. Today, the company has started rolling out MIUI 10 v8.6.23 Beta update for Xiaomi Mi 8. In this guide, we have shared detailed steps on how to manually download & install MIUI 10 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 8. This is a Chinese Beta ROM, so users will not find Google Apps installed. These GApps have to flash manually via TWRP recovery.
The latest MIUI 10 ROM brings several new features based on Artificial Intelligence. It includes AI portrait mode which lets you take pictures with boken effect on smartphone having single rear camera and faster reload of App based on AI that automatically detects a frequently used application by a user. Apart from this, the new MIUI update also brings redesigned notification toggles, full-screen gestures, Xiaomi AI assistant, new recent apps menu, Drive mode, inbuilt support for Mi Home devices and more.
It is important to note that as the ROM is still under development, users may face bugs and issues after installing on their supportive smartphone. So, it is advisable not to flash on your daily driver.
- The following ROM can be only flashed on Xiaomi Mi 8. Don’t try to flash on any other Xiaomi model otherwise it may result in a brick.
- You should unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 8 (Skip this, if you have unlocked bootloader)
- Install TWRP Custom ROM on your Mi 8 device. (Complete guide)
- Make sure to take complete backup using TWRP recovery.
- There should be enough battery level on your device to perform the update process.
- XiaomiAdvices is not responsible for bricking or damaging of your Mi 8 smartphone which is very uncertain if you follow the below steps carefully.
Download MIUI 10 v8.6.23 ROM for Xiaomi Mi 8
How to Install MIUI 10 China Beta ROM v8.6.23 on Xiaomi Mi 8
1. Download the MIUI 10 ROM and GApps files from above download links to your device storage.
2. Now boot your Mi 8 smartphone into TWRP recovery. Read how to boot Xiaomi phones into TWRP recovery.
3. Once you’re in the recovery mode, select WIPE >> Advanced Wipe and “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
4. Go back to recovery main menu, and select ‘Install’ and choose the ROM file which you have saved to device storage in Step 1.
5. Swipe to confirm the flash.
6. The process might take few minutes to complete. So, keep patience and wait.
7. Once done, you need to install GApps file in the same manner.
8. Reboot System
9. Done! You’re all set to enjoy the latest MIUI 10 ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 8 smartphone.
I hope this guide was useful to install MIUI 10 Beta ROM v8.6.23 on your Mi 8 device. If you have any queries, feel free to comment below!