MIUI 10 8.6.14 ROM for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2: As promised, Xiaomi has started rolling out its first MIUI 10 Global Beta Update to its range of devices. Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 is one among the list of eligible devices to get the latest update. The update brings the build 8.6.14 and it is rolling out via OTA for users already on Beta ROM and have recruited for MIUI 10 beta testing. But users on Global Stable ROM need to flash MIUI 10 manually. In this post, we have a detailed tutorial on how to download & install MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2.
The latest Beta version 8.6.14 brings an updated Mi Browser with an optimized start page, PWA (Progressive Web App) support, better search functionality, and App Vault with a World Cup card. On top of that, it brings several MIUI 10 features including revamped recent apps interface, new AI features, Driving mode, smart home manager, AI Portrait mode, and more.
To update Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 to MIUI 10, users first need to install TWRP recovery and then MIUI Beta ROM. You can find the full guide below to install MIUI 10 manually. Before starting the procedure, do make a note that the ROM may contain bugs and issues as it is still under beta mode. It is advised not to flash on your daily driver.
You may also like –
Download Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 v8.6.14 MIUI 10 ROM
Here is the link to download the MIUI 10 v8.6.14 ROM for Mi Mix 2. We have also included the TWRP image file.
Before we take you to the installation process, you have to full-fill the below requirements. Check it out –
- This ROM can be flashed only on Mi Mix 2. Don’t try to use it on any other Xiaomi model.
- Bootloader of your device should be unlocked (Complete guide).
- Ensure there is enough battery level on your device to avoid unnecessary power-off in-between the flashing process.
- You need a PC/Laptop and a micro USB cable.
- Perform backup of all your important data.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your Laptop/PC.
- Install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: XiaomiAdvices should not held responsible for any bricking/damage occurs to your device which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
How to Install MIUI 10 8.6.14 Global Beta ROM on Mi Mix 2
1. Download MIUI 10 8.6.14 ROM, GApps, and TWRP image file from above download section to your PC.
2. Transfer the MIUI 10 ROM zip file and GApps to your device storage. Also move the TWRP image file to ADB and Fastboot folder.
3. Now you need to boot your device into Fastboot mode. To do so, you need to switch off your phone >> press the power key + volume down keys at the same time.
4. Connect your device to PC/laptop.
5. Next boot your device into TWRP recovery. To do it go to the ADB folder press shift + right click and click on ‘Open Powershell window here’.
6. Give the following command which boots your device into TWRP recovery.
fastboot boot twrp.img
7. Now TWRP recovery main menu will be appeared on your device display. Perform a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, system, and data and swipe to confirm it.
8. Now go to install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to install the ROM file.
9. Once done, you need to flash GApps in a similar manner.
10. Now wipe cache and Dalvik cache again and Reboot System.
Done! You’ve successfully upgraded your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 to MIUI 10 8.6.14 Global Beta ROM. For any queries, drop a comment below.
- Download MIUI 10 Update for Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Download MIUI 10 Update for Redmi Note 5
- Download MIUI 10 Update for Mi 6