MIUI 11 is already in the final stage of development and the Xiaomi will soon release the stable version to its devices in the coming months. Although the MIUI 11 is not yet officially announced, users have the opportunity to experience the new OS through an MIUI 11 Launcher. However, this is an unofficial launcher from the MIUI Launcher development team. So, all credits go to them. Here we’ll help you download and install the MIUI 11 Launcher on your Xiaomi and Redmi smartphones.
MIUI 10 was missing the app drawer, but Xiaomi makes major changes to MIUI 11 thereby adding the app drawer and app shortcuts. To remind you, Xiaomi’s sub-brand Poco offers a native app drawer for Poco F1. The MIUI 11 Launcher is still under beta mode and may contain bugs. It will get better with stable roll out of MIUI 11 update.
Just like other popular app drawers, the MIUI 11 launcher also offers a full list of apps in sort category. For example – Date, Size, Alphabetical order, etc. One can also use the down arrow icon to close the app drawer. Refer the below button to download the MIUI 11 Launcher.
Download MIUI 11 Launcher APK (Unofficial)
How to install MIUI 11 Launcher APK on any Xiaomi and Redmi smartphone
1. Download the MIUI 11 Launcher APK file from the above download section to your device storage. If downloaded on PC, make sure to transfer internal/external storage of your Xiaomi smartphone.
2. Make sure you have enabled “Unknown Sources” from Settings. This is quite mandatory if you’re installing third-party APK for the first time.
3. Locate the APK file using default file manager or third-party file managers like the ES File Explorer.
4. Tap on the APK and tap on “Install” button.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation process.
6. Once successfully installed, you need to set the MIUI 11 Launcher as the default launcher.
7. Open the launcher options by long pressing the home button and go to the ‘More’ option.
8. Finally, launch the ‘Home Screen Settings’. Here you need to change the language from Chinese to English.
How to Uninstall the MIUI 11 Launcher on Xiaomi / Redmi phones
1. Set the “Home Launcher” as the default launcher. To do so, you need to go to Settings > App & Notifications > Default Apps > System Launcher > Change to the Home Launcher.
2. Completely uninstall the MIUI 11 Launcher from Settings > General Settings > Apps > Downloaded.
3. You’re done!
I hope the above tutorial was helpful in installing the MIUI 11 Launcher on your Xiaomi and Redmi smartphone. Don’t forget to share your experience in the below comments.