After releasing MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM, Xiaomi today started rolling out MIUI 8 China Developer ROM 6.6.16 for supported devices. All credits goes to MIUI developers, alpha testers and beta testers for their sincere work and support. There are 20+ Xiaomi models on which you can flash this newly released MIUI 8 China Developer ROM 6.6.16. Like every time, today also we have shared the complete changelog, flashing guide and Fastboot & Recovery ROMs download links of MIUI 8 China Developer ROM v6.6.16.
This version of ROM is released for the following Xiaomi devices – Xiaomi Mi 2/2S, Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 4c, Mi 4S, Mi 5, Mi Max, Mi Note, Mi Note Pro, Redmi 1, Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Redmi 2A, Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi 3, Redmi 3S, Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Note Prime, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 3 MTK, and Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm.
For complete Changelog and new features, do refer the below source link.
Download MIUI 8 China Developer ROM 6.6.16 – Recovery/Fastboot ROM
|Model||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Mi 5||Fastboot 1499MB||Recovery 1055MB|
|Mi Note||Fastboot 1355MB||Recovery 828MB|
|Mi Note Pro||Fastboot 1317MB||Recovery 828MB|
|Mi Max||Fastboot 1418MB||Recovery 1013MB|
|Mi Max Pro||Fastboot 1418MB||Recovery 1013MB|
|Mi 4||Fastboot 983MB||Recovery 652MB|
|Mi 4s||Fastboot 1396MB||Recovery 970MB|
|Mi 4c||Fastboot 1396MB||Recovery 970MB|
|Mi 3||Fastboot 983MB||Recovery 652MB|
|Mi 2/2S||Fastboot 846MB||Recovery 542MB|
|Redmi 3||Fastboot 1256MB||Recovery 914MB|
|Redmi 3s||Fastboot 1501MB||Recovery 1061MB|
|Redmi 2||Fastboot 914MB||Recovery 569MB|
|Redmi 2 Prime||Fastboot 942MB||Recovery 607MB|
|Redmi Note 3 MTK||Fastboot 2751MB||Recovery 995MB|
|Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm||Fastboot 1441MB||Recovery 990MB|
|Redmi Note 2||Fastboot 1441MB||Recovery 990MB|
|Redmi Note 3G||N/A||Recovery 574MB|
|Redmi Note 4G||Fastboot 811MB||Recovery 566MB|
|Redmi Note 4G Dual||Fastboot 949MB||Recovery 634MB|
|Redmi 1s||Fastboot 802MB||Recovery 556MB|
|Redmi 1||N/A||Recovery 557MB|
How to Upgrade to MIUI 8?
If you’re on latest version of MIUI China Developer ROM, then you will see an OTA update notification on your phone. Or you can manually check for updates through ‘Updater’ app. Make sure you have backup all your important stuff like videos, pictures, SMS, contacts, app logs, etc. before upgrading.
How to Flash MIUI 8 Recovery ROM?
1. Before starting the below process, make sure to wipe all data in Recovery mode.
2. Download the Recovery ROM based on your device model from the above table.
3. Now you need to connect the device with PC and transfer the ROM file into the folder ‘downloaded_rom’ in the internal storage of your device.
4. Launch Updater app and then tap on three dots present at the top-right corner. From the various options, select ‘Choose update package’ and navigate the ROM file which you have copied to internal storage in the above step.
5. Now the device automatically starts the upgrading process. Once done, it reboots into normal mode. That’s it! You have successfully updated your Xiaomi device to MIUI 8 China Developer ROM 6.6.16. You can also cross verify the software from the path Settings > About phone and navigate to MIUI version.
Apart from the above method, users can also use the Mi Flash tool to flash fastboot ROM. Do check the following simple guide on how to flash fastboot ROM via Mi Flash tool.
Are you planning to install MIUI 8 China Developer ROM on your Xiaomi device running MIUI 7 Stable Global ROM or MIUI 7 China Stable ROM? Drop a comment below.