Xiaomi as promised released its first MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM 6.5.31 update for Mi5, Mi Max, Mi Note, Mi4, Mi3 and Mi 2/2S smartphones. All these users need to download MIUI 8 fastboot rom and then flash on their device using Mi Flash tool. All the MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM users will receive OTA updates regularly which will bring bug fixes and performance improvements. Without much wasting time let’s start the step-by-step process to install MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM on Xiaomi devices. Also download MIUI 8 China Developer ROM (All Models)
Note: After flashing MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM the users will no longer receive normal OTA updates.
- Before you start the flashing process, make sure to backup all your important data to a safe place (PC).
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled. (Easy guide)
- Make sure the device is charged enough before starting the process.
- Unlock bootloader
Disclaimer: Xiaomi Advices is not responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the flashing process which is uncertain if you follow the steps correctly. Always try at your own risk.
How to Flash MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM 6.5.31 on any Mi & Redmi smartphone
1. Users of Mi5 / Mi Max / Mi Note smartphones need to unlock the bootloader first. Check here for guide on how to unlock bootloader on MIUI devices.
2. Download the latest Mi Flash tool and install on your computer.
3. Turn off the device and boot into Fastboot mode (press the Volume key and Power button at the same time).
4. Now you need to connect your device to PC.
5. Then download the MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM from the below link and extract the same. Open the file folder and copy its path.
6. Paste the ROM folder path in the Flash tool address bar and tap on ‘Refresh’. Now the tool automatically recognize the device.
7. Just tap ‘Flash’ button located beside the Refresh button to start the flashing process.
8. Be patience and wait till the progress bar completely turns green which indicates that the rom has been successfully installed.
Download MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM
Mi5 – Fastboot ROM (1501MB)
Mi Max – Recovery ROM (1090MB)
Mi Note – Fastboot ROM (1231MB)
Mi4/Mi3 – Fastboot ROM (1006MB)
Mi2/2S – Download
MIUI 8 Global ROM
This rom is currently under testing mode by MIUI team, we will update once it is available for download. Stay tuned!
Source – MIUI Forum