Xiaomi Redmi 4 is one of the top launches of Xiaomi in the budget price segment. Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 SoC, 13MP rear camera, & a 4100mAh battery are the highlights of the device. As we all know, Android 8.0 Oreo is officially announced by Google and most of the Redmi 4 users might be looking to experience the same on their device. But unfortunately, Xiaomi is quite poor in updating their devices to latest firmware. As of now, the Mi A1 is the only devices officially upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo. But there is no need to worry about? Today, here we have shared simple tutorial to update Xiaomi Redmi 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo via custom ROM.
Before we take you to the flashing process, let’s have a quick overview at the pre-requisites of Redmi 4 Android Oreo update. You can also read list of Xiaomi phones eligible for Android 8.0 Oreo update.
- The following update guide is compatible only with Xiaomi Redmi 4. Don’t try to flash on any other Xiaomi/Android model.
- Make sure the battery level is more than 75% before starting the procedure. If not, the device will power-off in-between the flashing process which may result in brick.
- Download & Install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Make sure there is enough storage in your device (at least 4GB).
- Perform Backup of your device.
- TWRP recovery should be installed (Complete Guide).
Disclaimer: Flashing of custom ROM voids company warranty. We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the procedure. Always proceed at your own risk.
Download Redmi 4 Android 8.0 Oreo ROM
How to Update Redmi 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo via Custom ROM
Step 1: Firstly, download Android 8.0 Oreo based custom ROM for Redmi 4 from above download section to your computer.
Step 2: Transfer the ROM to your device using a USB cable.
Step 3: Turn off your Redmi 4 mobile and boot into Recovery Mode. To do so, press & hold “Volume Down + Power Button” together.
Step 4: From Recovery main menu, choose Wipe > Wipe Dalvik Cache and confirm it.
Step 5: Next, select ‘Install’ and choose the Oreo ROM which you have copied to device storage.
Step 6: Swipe to confirm the flash.
Now wait till the flashing process is completed. Once done, you’re all set to enjoy Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on your Xiaomi Redmi 4.
If you encounter any issues during or after installation process, do let us know via below comments. Don’t forget to share the post with your friends on Facebook and Twitter via below social buttons.
Also Read: Download Redmi 4 PC Suite & Mi Flash Tool
How to Reset Redmi 4 to Factory Settings
Download Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM for Redmi 4 [Mokee ROM]