Looking to update your Xiaomi Redmi 4A to Android 8.0 Oreo ROM? Then you’re at the right place. Here, we have a complete tutorial on how to download & install Android 8.0 Oreo based Lineage OS 15 ROM on your Redmi 4A. It is a simple procedure and every Redmi 4A user can follow it easily.
As we all know, Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest version of Google’s mobile operating system and everyone wants to get this version of Android on their smartphones. But unfortunately, most of the flagship and few of the mid-range devices are only compatible to get this update. Xiaomi Redmi 4A is a one of the cheapest device from the Chinese smartphone vendor, Xiaomi. Considering the Redmi 4A hardware configuration, the company might not push official Oreo update. Instead, one can expect MIUI ROM (MIUI 10) based on Android Oreo. But still there is much time for the official release of MIUI 10 ROM. Till then, Redmi 4A users can try the Android 8.0 Oreo based Lineage OS 15 custom ROM which brings most of the Oreo features.
Without much ado, follow the below steps one after another to update Redmi 4A to Android 8.0 Oreo firmware.
- This is the tutorial compatible only with Redmi 4A. Never ever try to flash on any other Xiaomi/Android smartphone.
- There should be at least 75% battery on your Redmi 4A before starting the flashing process.
- Make sure you have at least 2GB of storage space free for the Linage OS 15 ROM.
- TWRP Recovery should be installed on your device (Complete Guide).
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your device.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom ROM voids company warranty. It also results in brick if you don’t follow the steps accordingly. So, proceed at your own risk.
Related Content: List of Xiaomi phones eligible for Android 8.0 Oreo update
Download Redmi 4A Android 8.0 Oreo based Lineage OS 15 ROM for the Redmi 4A
Guide to Update Xiaomi Redmi 4A to Android 8.0 Oreo
1. Firstly, download Android 8.0 Oreo Lineage OS 15 ROM from the above download section.
2. Now you need to copy the ROM to the root of the device SD card.
3. Rename the ROM as Update.zip
4. Next turn off your device and boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
5. Once you are in Recovery Mode, clear Wipe Cache/Dalvik and then go to install and select the Lineage Os ROM.
6. After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
7. Similarly you need to install GApps on your device.
8. Once your ROM & GApps are successfully flashed, you’ll see “Wipe cache/dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on bottom of screen.
9. Once cache & dalvik wipe completes, hit the “Back” button on-screen and then select “Reboot System” button.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully upgraded Xiaomi Redmi 4A to Android 8.0 Oreo firmware via Lineage OS 15 ROM. Just in case you have any queries or issues, do leave a comment below. We’ll get back to you with most possible outcomes.