How to Install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro: Xiaomi has finally unveiled MIUI 10 ROM at a Mi 8 event held in China last week. Revamped recent apps interface, new AI features, Driving mode, Smart home manager are the highlights of the MIUI 10 ROM. There is also a new AI Portrait Mode that enables Bokeh effect. If you’re a Redmi Note 5 Pro user, then you’ll be happy to hear that Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 10 China Beta Update.
It is still under beta stage, so users may face bugs and issues after flashing on their Redmi Note 5 Pro. But, there is no need to worry as Xiaomi fixes the issues with regular OTA updates. Users who have already registered for the closed beta program will get the update via OTA otherwise users need to manually download the MIUI 10 ROM and flash it via TWRP recovery. As it is a China ROM, no Google apps will be installed along with the firmware. Users have to flash GApps separately. Without much ado, follow our step by step guide on how to download and install MIUI 10 update on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Download Redmi Note 5 Pro MIUI 10 China Beta v8.6.6 Update
- The following ROM can be installed only on Redmi Note 5 Pro. Don’t try to use it on any other Xiaomi devices.
- As it is still a beta build, you may face errors and bugs. So, it is not advisable to flash on your device which you use as a daily purposes.
- Make sure to unlock bootloader of your device.
- There should be minimum 70% of battery life while stating the installation procedure. If not, charge now.
- You need to perform backup of all your important data to a safe place.
- Download & install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 5 Pro from HERE and GApps from HERE.
Disclaimer: XiaomiAdvices is not responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the installation process which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly. Always, proceed at your own risk.
How to Install MIUI 10 v8.6.6 on Redmi Note 5 Pro
1. Download the MIUI 10 ROM zip file, TWRP Recovery, and GApps from above provided links.
2. Transfer the ROM zip file and GApps to your device storage. Also, move the TWRP img file to ADB and Fastboot folder on your PC.
3. Now you need to boot your device into Fastboot mode. To do so, you need to power-off your device >> press the power key + volume down keys at the same time.
4. Connect your device with PC using a standard USB cable.
5. Go to ADB & Fastboot folder, and hold shift key + right click anywhere in the folder to open command window.
6. Type ‘fastboot devices’ in command prompt and check if the device is detected by the system.
7. If the system detects the phone, type ‘fastboot flash recovery twrp_filename.zip’ and hit enter, the process will be completed in seconds.
8. Now long press Volume up and Power Buttons to boot the phone in recovery mode and then slide towards the right to allow modifications.
9. Select ‘Wipe’, and choose ‘Advanced Wipe’, tick on ‘Dalvik / ART Cache’, ‘System’. ‘Data’, ‘Cache’ and then swipe towards right to Wipe.
10. Go back to recovery main menu, and select ‘Install’. Here you need to choose the ROM zip file which you have saved to device storage. Swipe to confirm flash.
11. Similarly, you need to flash GApps on your device.
12. Tap ‘Reboot’ and then ‘System’.
That’s it! Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro automatically boots into MIUI 10 China Beta update. Enjoy!
- How to Install MIUI 10 ROM on Xiaomi Phones (Global + China)
- List of Xiaomi phones to get MIUI 10 Global Stable Update
- Download MIUI 10 Stock Wallpapers [Full HD]