Download & Install MIUI 18.104.22.168 Android 8.1 Oreo update on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro: Xiaomi has started rolling out much-awaited MIUI 22.214.171.124.OEIMIFA Global Stable update to Redmi Note 5 Pro users in India as promised. The update is based on Android 8.1 Oreo and is rolling out via OTA. It might take some time to appear on each and every RN5 Pro, but in case if you’re impatience and can’t wait for its arrival, then here we have shared detailed steps to manually download & install MIUI 126.96.36.199 Android 8.1 Oreo firmware on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Redmi Note 5 Pro MIUI 9.5 Android 8.1 Oreo Features: Gesture Support, Dual 4G VoLTE
The latest MIUI 188.8.131.52 update brings the Android 8.1 Oreo version to the Redmi Note 5 Pro smartphone. On top of that, it also brings new features such as gesture and Dual 4g VoLTE support. The update is about 193MB in size and brings April security patch. Earlier, Xiaomi planned to rollout MIUI 9.5 update for RN5 Pro in April this year, but due to some technical glitches the update was pulled-off. Today, the Chinese smartphone giant has surprised us by rolling out Android 8.1 Oreo-based MIUI 9.5 update.
- The following ROM can be installed only on Redmi Note 5 Pro. Don’t try to flash on any other Xiaomi/Android model.
- There should be enough battery level on your device, if not it will power-off in-between the update process and result in a brick.
- Download and Install the Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install the Xiaomi Mi Flash tool on your PC / laptop (Fastboot process).
- Fast internet connection say WiFi to download the update package.
- Backup all your important data to a safer location. This will help you to restore the data if any data loss occurs.
- XiaomiAdvices is not responsible for bricking or damaging of your Redmi smartphone.
Download MIUI 184.108.40.206 Android 8.1 Oreo update on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- MIUI 220.127.116.11 update for Redmi Note 5 Pro – Recovery ROM
- MIUI 18.104.22.168 update for Redmi Note 5 Pro – Fastboot ROM (Coming Soon)
How to Install MIUI 22.214.171.124 Android 8.1 Oreo update on Redmi Note 5 Pro
There are two method through which you can update the Redmi Note 5 Pro to latest MIUI 126.96.36.199.OEIMIFA Global Stable ROM – Recovery method and Fastboot method. If you’re on latest version of MIUI ROM on your RN5 Pro, then it’s better to go with Recovery method. Fastboot method is the one for those who have flashed custom ROM or Beta ROM and wanted to get back to official stock ROM.
1. Firstly, download MIUI 188.8.131.52 Recovery ROM from above download section to your device storage.
2. Launch “Updater” app on your RN5 Pro.
3. Tap on the menu icon and select ‘Choose update package’.
4. Head to the folder where you have saved the recovery ROM
5. Select the correct file and confirm.
6. The flashing process starts and might take up to 5-10 minutes to complete. So, hold your seats and wait.
7. Once done, the phone will automatically reboots to latest version of MIUI based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
In this method, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro users need to download Mi Flash tool to their PC to flash the latest firmware. However, the process is not recommended for users who’re new to flashing. Without much ado, download MIUI 184.108.40.206 Fastboot ROM from above download section to your laptop and follow the below guide to flash it via Mi Flash tool.
Hope, the above guide was useful in upgrading your Redmi Note 5 Pro to MIUI 220.127.116.11 Android 8.1 Oreo firmware. For any kind of issues or queries, do feel free to comment below!