TWRP 3.0.0 custom recovery now can be downloaded and installed on Xiaomi Redmi 4G MIUI 7 smartphone. As TWRP 3.0.0 is a latest version, it brings some new changes and also support for Android 6.0 Marshmallow devices. There is a modified design and also includes the option to modify the system partitions of the mobile. With TWRP 3.0.0 custom recovery installed, you can flash third party custom ROMs and packages on your Redmi Note 4G.
The following is the complete guide on how to download and install TWRP 3.0.0 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G. Before starting the process, do checkout the below pre-requisites.
- The below TWRP installation tutorial is only for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G. Please don’t try this on any other smartphone.
- You need to Backup all your important data to a safe place in order to restore if any data loss occurs.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your device.
- Install proper USB Drivers on your PC.
- Bootloader should be unlocked on your handset.
- Make sure you have charging level up to 70% to complete the process.
Disclaimer: Installation of TWRP custom recovery voids company warranty. So, it’s you responsible for any damage occurs to Redmi Note 4G during the installation process.
How to install TWRP 3.0 Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G
1. Download Fastboot / ADB package from the below download section on your computer.
2. Extract the package anywhere in your computer.
3. Also download TWRP (twrp-3.0.0-0-dior.img) recovery file and save it into the same directory as the extracted Fastboot/ADB packages files.
4. Turn off your MIUI device.
5. Now you need to connect the device with PC using a standard USB cable.
6. Boot your Redmi Note 4G into Fastboot/Bootloader Mode. How? Press all the hardware keys at the same time – Volume up + Volume down + power button.
7. Now open the directory where you have extracted fastboot and launch command prompt (Shift + Right key > Open Command Prompt).
8. Then enter the below command and press Enter
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.0-0-dior.img
9. Once flashed, start using the TWRP recovery for flashing custom ROMs, backup, factory reset, and more.
Fastboot for Windows – Download
Fastboot for OS X – Download