Install Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 10 v8.5.31 Update: As promised, Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 10 update in a closed community of beta testers. Being in a beta stage, the update has been released for few devices initially. The final MIUI 10 Stable OTA update will be released upon fixing all the bugs and issues found in the beta version. But, if you’re among those Mi 6 user who can’t wait for the update and wanted to experience it right away, then here we have shared simple tutorial on how to manually download & install MIUI 10 update on your Xiaomi Mi 6.
These MIUI 10 update for Xiaomi Mi 6 are for the Chinese ROM, while the Global users gets the update starting from mid-June. The ROM doesn’t includes Google Apps like other MIUI China ROM, so users need to install it separately. Download & install Google Installer to enjoy all Google apps on your smartphone.
MIUI 10 is a major upgrade brining several new features over its previous MIUI 9 ROM. Some of the top features of MIUI 10 includes revamped recent apps interface, new AI features, Driving mode, smart home manager, and more. You can also check Top MIUI 10 Features here.
- The following ROM can be flashed only on Xiaomi Mi 6. Don’t try to install on any other Xiaomi model.
- Make sure the battery level on your device is more than 70% to avoid unnecessary power-off in-between the flashing process.
- Make sure to backup your important data before flashing MIUI 10. This will let you restore the data if any data loss occurs.
- Bootloader of your device should be unlocked. You can follow our simple guide on how to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi phones.
- Download & Install TWRP recovery on your Mi 6 smartphone. (Complete Guide)
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
Download Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 10 Update [Version v8.5.31]
Disclaimer: We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the installation process which is uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly. Always, proceed at your own risk.
How to flash MIUI 10 China Beta ROM v8.6.6 on Xiaomi Mi 6
1. Download MIUI 10 ROM from above download section to your computer. Connect your device with PC using a USB cable and transfer the ROM file to root of the device storage.
2. Turn off your device and boot into TWRP Recovery mode. You can follow our guide on how to boot Xiaomi phones into TWRP custom recovery.
3. Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
4. Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
5. Once done, head back to recovery main menu and select ‘Install’. Here you need to choose the MIUI 10 ROM file which you have saved to device storage in Step 1.
6. Swipe to confirm the flash.
7. Tap on the Back and now in a similar way flash the GApps package.
8. Now to finish the process, tap Reboot System.
Congrats! You’ve successfully updated your Xiaomi Mi 6 smartphone to MIUI 10 ROM. For any kind of issues, do comment below!
- Download Redmi Note 5 Pro MIUI 10 Update
- How to Root Xiaomi Mi 6 using SuperSU
- Download MIUI 10 Stock Wallpapers [Full HD]