Xiaomi Mi A1 Android 9 Pie Update: Xiaomi Mi A1 is the company’s first smartphone announced in partnership with Google under ‘Android One’ project. It means Mi A1 will be first among Xiaomi phones to get the taste of newly announced Android 9.0 Pie update. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 7.1.2 Nougat which has been recently upgraded to Android 8.1 Oreo update. Although, the Xiaomi has promised to rollout Android P update, but the extract release date is still unknown. If you own a Xiaomi Mi A1 and wanted to experience the latest Android Pie update right away, then you’re at the right place. Here we have quick steps to download and install Android 9.0 Pie based AOSP 9.0 custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi A1.
Xiaomi Mi A1 is not the first phone to get AOSP 9.0 ROM support, the Redmi Note 4 and Redmi 4X also received the Android 9 update. AOSP 9.0 is an unofficial ROM brining most of the Android 9.0 Pie features. Users simply download the AOSP 9.0 ROM from below and flash it via TWRP recovery. It is a simple process and all it takes 5 to 10 minutes to complete the whole procedure. Without much ado, do checkout the below requirements and then we’ll directly take you to steps on how to update Mi A1 to Android 9.0 Pie firmware.
- This ROM can be installed only on Xiaomi Mi A1. Don’t try this on any other Xiaomi/Android model.
- It might erase all your device data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Download and install the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Ensure the battery level on your device is more than 70%. If not, charge it to avoid unnecessary power-off between the flashing procedures.
- The ROM is an initial Pie build and contains bugs.
- Bootloader of your device should be unlocked. Follow our guide on how to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi phones.
- TWRP Recovery should be installed on your device. Follow how to install TWRP on any Xiaomi phone.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom ROMs voids company warranty. We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the process which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
Whats Working on Android P Mi a1
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
Download Android 9.0 Pie for Xiaomi Mi A1
Download AOSP 9.0 Pie AOSP ROM for Mi A1 – Download
Android 9.0 Pie Gapps for Mi A1 – Download
How to install Android 9.0 Pie based AOSP 9.0 ROM on Mi A1
1. Firstly, download Android 9.0 ROM and compatible GApps package from above and save it to your device storage.
2. Turn off your device and boot into TWRP recovery mode using appropriate hardware buttons. You can also follow how to boot Xiaomi phones to TWRP recovery.
3. Now you need to perform factory reset. To do so, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
4. Now, head back to recovery main menu and tap on Install. Here, you need to choose the ROM file and swipe to start the installation process.
5. Once done, you need to GApps package in the same manner.
6. Wipe cache and dalvik cache again
7. Reboot system
How to Root Redmi Note 3 on Android 9.0 Pie
In case, if you’re interested to root Redmi Note 3 on Android 9 Pie, then do download and install SuperSU root on your phone.
Alternatively, users can also download and install Magisk for one-click root.
Congrats! You’ve successfully installed Android 9.0 Pie based AOSP 9.0 ROM on your Xiaomi Mi A1. Don’t forget to share your experience with the ROM in the below comment section. Also, do share the post with your friends on social media and let them update their Xiaomi smartphone to latest Android version.
Source – XDA Forum