Xiaomi Mi A1, the company’s first smartphone under Android One programme has started receiving Android 9.0 Pie update. The update comes with build number v10.0.3.0.PDHMIFK and upgrades the security patch to December 2018. FM Radio, Dual VoLTE, are some of the new features being added to the Mi A1. Here we will help you download and install Android 9.0 Pie v10.0.3.0 firmware on Xiaomi Mi A1.
Xiaomi Mi A1 Android 9.0 Pie update is rolling out via OTA in a phase-wise manner. A large number of users across the globe have already reported that they have successfully downloaded and installed the latest Pie update. In case, if you still don’t receive the update, then go to Settings > System > Advanced > System Update to manually check the updates. Xiaomi Mi A1 users can also check the below guide to manually download and flash the firmware.
Some of the features the new update brings to the Mi A1 are FM radio, Adaptive battery and brightness, gesture navigation, and Dual VoLTE support. FM Radio and Dual VoTLE support were not available when the phone was launched.
- This is official firmware meant to install only on Xiaomi Mi A1. Don’t try to flash on any other Xiaomi model which may result in a brick.
- It may erase your data so it is advisable to take a complete backup of your phone for safer side.
- There should be at least 75% battery to finish the update process.
- TWRP Recovery should be installed on your device (Recovery method)
- Download and install the latest Mi Flash tool on your PC. (Fastboot method)
- Install latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: XiaomiAdvices is not responsible for bricking or damaging of your device which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
Download Xiaomi Mi A1 Android 9.0 Pie Stable v10.0.3.0.PDHMIFK Firmware
You can download both the OTA and fastboot link from below which upgrades the device version to 10.0.3.0.PDHMIFK
- TWRP Link: Download OTA Here
- Fastboot Link: Download Fastboot ROM
Method 1: Install via Recovery
1. Download Xiaomi Mi A1 Android 9.0 Pie OTA zip file from above and move to root directory of internal storage.
2. Turn off your device and boot into TWRP recovery mode. Follow how to enter TWRP recovery mode on any Xiaomi phone.
3. From recovery main menu, tap on Wipe System & Cache.
4. Once done, you need to tap on Install and select the ROM Zip file which you have a place to device storage in step 1.
5. Swipe to confirm the flash!
6. Go back to recovery menu, tap on Reboot to System to restart the device.
Method 2: Install via Mi Flash Tool
In case, if the above procedure doesn’t work to flash Android Pie Firmware or you don’t have TWRP Custom Recovery installed, then do check out the below alternative method. It also lets you flash Android Pie v10.0.3.0.PDHMIFK on your Xiaomi Mi A1.
I hope the above guide was helpful in upgrading Xiaomi Mi A1 to Android 9.0 Pie stable firmware. For any issues or difficulty while performing the above update procedure, do let us know in the below comments.