In this post, we’ll teach you to flash TWRP custom recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 4A running on stock firmware. With TWRP recovery installed on your device, one can perform several tasks like gaining root access, installing custom ROMs, and more. If you want to make the device most of it, then do follow our quick guide on how to download and install TWRP recovery on Redmi 4A. Before starting the procedure, make sure to backup everything and bootloader of your device should be unlocked.
To remind you, Xiaomi Redmi 4A is one of the cheapest device launched in India for Rs. 5,999. For such a price tag, the company offers all the specifications users looking in a budget smartphone. It features a 5-inch HD display, is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor, and runs on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. There is a 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera and a 3120mAh battery support. It has hybrid dual SIM slot and comes with a unibody design with polycarbonate matte finish.
- This tutorial works only with Xiaomi Redmi 4A. Don’t try to install on any other Xiaomi/Android model.
- Make sure the bootloader of your mobile is unlocked, if not follow our guide on how to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 4A.
- Enable USB Debugging and Developer Options on your device.
- Make sure to backup all your important data as installing custom recovery might erase all your data.
- Charge your phone at least 75% to avoid unnecessary power-off between the installation process which might results in a brick.
- Install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Setup ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 4A
1. Firstly, download TWRP (cofface_recovery_redmi4A.img) to your computer.
2. Now you need to copy the above TWRP recovery file to the ADB & fastboot folder.
3. Connect the device with PC using a standard USB cable.
4. Go to ADB & fastboot folder and launch Command Prompt window. To do so, you need to press Shift + right click anywhere in the ADB folder.
5. In the command window, you need to enter the following command & hit enter.
adb reboot bootloader
6. Wait for your phone to boot into bootloader mode. You can also press and hold Volume Up + Power key to boot into bootloader mode.
7. Next, enter the below command to flash TWRP recovery
fastboot flash recovery cofface_recovery_redmi4A.img
That’s it! You have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 4A. Boot your device into TWRP recovery using appropriate hardware keys and start flashing custom ROMs, Mods, etc.
For any kind of issues, do comment below!