Xiaomi Redmi 4 is another company device which has broke sales record for year 2017 along with Redmi Note 4. Slim Design, powerful hardware, and affordable price tag are the key reasons behind the success of Redmi 4 in the Indian markets. Although the device offers range of customizations options, but one thing that makes users disappoint is the absence of Multi-Colour Notification LED.
Multi-Coloured Notification LED is a feature which lets users set LED colors for different notifications. This feature is present in most of the MIUI devices, but doesn’t know why Xiaomi has not included in Redmi 4. Most of you might have thought that it is a hardware limitation, but that’s not true. In this post, we’ll guide you on how to Enable Multi-Coloured Notification LED on Redmi 4.
Disclaimer: XiaomiAdvices is not responsible for any mishap occurs to your device during or after the process. Proceed at your own risk.
Guide to Enable Multi-Coloured Notification LED on Redmi 4
There are two methods to enable multi-coloured notification LED on your Xiaomi Redmi 4. Choose the one which is more convenient to you.
Method 1 (Using TWRP – No Root):
- Bootloader of your Redmi 4 should be unlocked. If not, follow our simple guide on how to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi phones.
- TWRP Recovery should be installed on your device. (Complete guide)
- There should be enough charging to perform the task.
- Finally, download the flashable zip file according to your ROM and save it to your device storage.
1. Firstly, boot your device into TWRP Recovery. To do so, turn off your Redmi 4 device and then power it on by pressing & holding Power and Volume Up buttons.
2. Flash the downloaded zip file using TWRP. You can check our guide on how to flash .zip files using TWRP Recovery.
4. Once the device successfully boots up, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Notification Light.
5. Here you will see options to set LED colors for different notifications. Apply the color which you want to see on your Redmi 4.
That’s it! Now you will see LED color which you’ve set whenever new notifications pops-up on your device.
You may also like: Download Redmi 4/4A USB Drivers, PC Suite, Mi Flash Tool, TWRP recovery
Download Redmi 4 Android 8.0 Oreo Update [Installation]
Method 2 (Root Required)
In this method, root is required to set multi-coloured notifications on your Redmi 4. To gain root access, you need to flash TWRP.
- Unlock Bootloader of your device.
- Root & Install TWRP Recovery.
- Download init.d scripts support App from HERE
- Download script file that is to be executed from HERE
1. Download Script file from above link and save it to folder “Script” on your device internal storage.
2. Download & install the app init.d scripts support.
3. Now you need to adjust the settings as shown in the below image.
4. Once done with the settings, tap on the button Run scripts now.
5. Perform reboot.
6. You are done. Now you can set LED colors for notifications from device settings similar to method 1.
Don’t forget to share the post with your friends on Facebook and Twitter, and let them enjoy multi-coloured notification LED on their Redmi 4 smartphone. For any issues or difficulty, do leave a comment below.
Source – MIUI Forum