Many of the Xiaomi Yi Action camera users asked for a tutorial on manual updating the camera to the latest firmware v1.2.13. So, here we shared simple guide which lets users to update the firmware of Yi camera using a computer/laptop.
The Yi Action camera is currently available only in China, but thanks to other online re-seller likes GearBest which is providing international shipping. The camera is priced at $62.79 and comes in White & Green colors. Also Xiaomi 1080p Car WiFi DVR Dash Camcorder Review
- You will need a microSD card reader and 16GB (class 10) microSD card
- Ensure the Yi camera is fully charged.
Disclaimer: Please perform the below update process at your own risk. Xiaomi Advices is not responsible for any damage occurs to your camera.
How to manually update Xiaomi Yi Action Camera to v1.2.13 Firmware:
1. Connect microSD card to PC/laptop using microSD card reader.
2. Make sure the microSD card is FAT32 format- you can manually format it to FAT32 format.
3. Download the latest firmware file from HERE.
4. Now you need to rename the firmware file to firmware.bin
5. Now copy the file to the root of the microSD card (not in any folder).
6. Disconnect the microSD card from PC and insert into your Yi action camera.
7. Now power-on the camera.
8. The camera will start beeping for minutes and after that red light will appear resulting in automatically power-off. You have successful updated the firmware of the XiaoYi Action camera.
9. Next remove the microSD card from camera and reconnect it to PC using SD card reader. Here you need to delete the firmware.bin file (sometimes it will be automatically deleted).
10. Put the card back to your camera and start enjoying the snaps.
That’s it! You’ve successfully upgraded firmware of your Xiaomi Yi Action camera. For any help, do leave a comment below.