Many Xiaomi Redmi 3/3S/3X users have been facing the “No Network” issue due to the flashing of custom ROMs, MIUI developer ROM and more. But after reading the following article readers will feel relief as the issue can be finally solved. Users just need to flash part of the MIUI ROM which handles all the networking functions on the Redmi 3 smartphone.
Do check the following pre-requisites and then we’ll directly take you to the tutorial to Fix No Network Issue on Redmi 3/3S/3X.
- The bootloader of the device should be unlocked (complete guide).
- Maintain a battery level of 75% or more to continue with the below process.
- Download and install Mi Flash tool on your PC.
- Download MIUI Fastboot ROM based on your device from here. Make sure to download the same version of ROM which is currently running on your device.
- Enable USB Debugging mode from settings. (complete guide)
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Make sure USB Drivers and Mi PC Suite is installed on your computer.
- Perform Backup on your MIUI device.
Disclaimer: Do follow the steps accordingly otherwise you may brick your device. We should not hold responsible for any damage occurs during or after the process. Continue at your own interest.
How to Fix No Network Issue on Xiaomi Redmi 3:
1. Extract the MIUI Fastboot ROM on your computer and obtain “NON-HLOS.bin” file from the “image” folder. Copy the file and paste to the folder where you have installed the MIUI Flashing tool.
2. Now you need to launch a command prompt from the same folder. To do so, hold shift key and right-click anywhere in the folder, then choose “Open command window from here”.
3. In the command window, type the following command:
4. You’ll see the device serial number is displayed on the monitor screen. If not, ensure proper USB Drivers are installed.
5. Next, boot the device into Fastboot mode (Volume Down + Power button) and type another command:
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
6. That’s it! Now give the final command to reboot the device into normal mode.
7. Once the device is successfully boots-up, disconnect it with PC and you’ll find that no Network issue has been successfully solved.
If the problem still persists, do visit the nearest service center and get a permanent solution to the issue.