CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) is the latest custom ROM from Cyanogen team which provides additional features compared to that of stock firmware. It is based on Android 7.0 Nougat firmware.
CM14 ROM (official/unofficial) is released for several Xiaomi devices and many of you might have already downloaded the ROM. But there are some users who finds trouble in installing the ROM on their respective smartphone. For all those users, here we have shared simple step by step guide which lets you flash CM14 Android 7.0 Nougat on your Xiaomi phone.
- Do follow the steps accordingly otherwise you may brick your device. Always proceed at your own risk.
- Perform backup of all your important data on your device.
- The battery level should be maintained to at least 50-60% in order to avoid shutdown in-between the flashing process.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- CM14 ROM based on your device model
- CM14 GApps package
- Rooted device with TWRP Installed
How to Install CM14 ROM on any Xiaomi smartphone:
1. Firstly download and flash TWRP custom recovery on your Xiaomi phone. If already installed, you can skip this step.
2. Now you need to download CyanogenMod 14 ROM based on your device model and save it on your phone storage.
3. Turn off the device and boot into Custom Recovery mode using appropriate hardware buttons. In most devices, it is Volume Down + Power Button.
4. Now you have successfully entered into TWRP Recovery mode. To be on safe side, it is advisable to perform Nandroid backup through recovery main menu.
5. Perform Factory Reset from the path Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, system, and data and swipe to confirm it.
6. Once done with factory reset, go back to main menu and choose Install. Here you need to locate the ROM zip file which you have saved to phone memory. Confirm to start the flashing process.
7. Repeat the same above step to flash GApps zip file.
8. Then you need to wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and reboot your device to start enjoying CM14 ROM on your Android phone.
That’s the simple tutorial to install CyanogenMod 14 on your Xiaomi smartphone. If you have any kind of queries regarding the above process, do let us know in the below comment box.
Related content: How to Enable Root Access on CM14 (CyanogenMod 14)