Xiaomi Redmi 4A is one of the best budget Android smartphone available in the Indian market. It is the perfect device to handle regular job like social media, music and light gaming. Sometimes, the phone becomes lagging due to system apps eating away most of the storage. This can only be fixed by achieving root access on your device. Regarding the same, here we have shared quick tutorial on how to root Xiaomi Redmi 4A MIUI 8 smartphone.
Not only users can remove system apps after rooting, but also they can flash custom ROMs, Mods, install root only apps, and more. It is a one-click root process where users need to flash SuperSU root file through TWRP recovery. So let’s begin and root Redmi 4A.
- The following guide is for Xiaomi Redmi 4A MIUI 8 on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Don’t try on any other model.
- Make sure Xiaomi USB Drivers are installed on your device.
- TWRP custom recovery should be installed on your device. You can follow our guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 4A.
- Though the process is free from data loss, it is advisable to perform backup of all your important data.
- There should be enough battery level on your device.
- Bootloader of your device should be unlocked. (Complete guide)
Disclaimer: Rooting of Android smartphones voids company warranty. It’s you responsible for any damage occurs to your device. Proceed at your own risk.
Root Xiaomi Redmi 4A
1. Download SuperSU Root zip file to your computer. You can also download the file directly to your device storage.
2. Connect the device to PC and transfer the rooting package to root of internal memory.
3. Disconnect the device from PC and turn it off.
4. Now you need to boot into TWRP recovery by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons together.
5. From the recovery main menu, tap on the “Install” button from the list and choose the Zip file which you have placed to your phone storage.
6. Confirm the installation by swiping on the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option. The installation process will now starts on your device.
7. Once done, you need to tap on “Reboot System” button.
That’s it! Now you’ve successfully rooted your Xiaomi Redmi 4A MIUI 8 on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. For any queries, feel free to comment below.