Xiaomi already selling Redmi Note 3 (Pro), company latest phablet with locked bootloaders and also announced that the Mi4c and Mi Note Pro are the other company smartphones to be shipped with locked bootloaders. We have already shared the unlocking tutorial for Redmi Note 3, but in this article we are again back with another handset i.e. Xiaomi Mi4c. So, follow the below steps on how to Unlock the Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi4c.
With unlocked Bootloaders, it gives an extra feature for the Mi4c users like installation of Custom ROM and flashing Fastboot ROM. The Xiaomi Mi4c users need to download an app called Mi Flash and also have to fill the unlock application form on MIUI website.
Before starting the unlocking procedure, make sure you’re done with the following pre-requisites-
- The unlocking tool supports only Redmi Note 3, Mi4c and Mi Note Pro Android devices.
- Make sure to backup all the important data like contacts, apps data, media, photos, etc. as the process undergoes factory reset.
- Download and install Xiaomi Mi4c USB Drivers on PC.
- Charge your handset to a level of 100%.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging from settings.
1. The following unlocking process is compatible with only MIUI China developer version (6.1.12 or later). MIUI China stable version gets support in the future updates.
2. Users might need unlocking permission from MIUI website.
Unlocking Bootloader procedure of Xiaomi Mi4c
Step 1: Firstly download zip file (recovery file) of China developer ROM for your Xiaomi Mi4c.
Step 2: Transfer the zip file to phone storage.
Step 3: Then launch the Updater app, press the three dots present at the top right of the screen and select ‘Choose update package’. Navigate the zip file which you have copied to device storage and confirm. (The update will factory reset your device, so a proper backup is highly advisable).
Step 4: Log into Mi account which has already acquired unlocking permission for your device.
Step 5: Turn off your mobile and enter into bootloader mode (press and hold Power + Volume button).
Step 6: Now you need to launch the Mi Flash tool on PC and log into with the same Mi account. Now connect the device with PC using a standard USB cable.
Step 7: Then tap on “Unlock” to start the unlocking process. It might takes up to 10 seconds for successfully unlocking the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi4c.
How to lock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi4c
In order to lock the Bootloader back, you need to flash official MIUI ROMs (This will need too use fastboot oem lock).