Chinese giant smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi launches Mi4 in July last year. The smartphone made entry into India in early January this year and now available to purchase on Flipkart without any registration.
Xiaomi already launched a few smartphones in India and got good responses from all the devices. The Xiaomi smartphones launched in India are Redmi 1s, Redmi Note, Redmi Note 4G, Mi3, Mi4, Mi4i, Redmi 2, and Mi Pad. Xiaomi also revealed the roadmap for devices to be launched in the next 6 months. Mi5, the most awaiting flagship has been mentioned in the list.
Check the following steps to install ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery on Xiaomi Mi4.
- Download the CWM recovery file for the Mi4 smartphone.
- Create a backup of all important data present on your device.
- Make sure your Mi4 has root access.
Install ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery on Xiaomi Mi4:
1. Download the Rashr app from the Google Play Store.
2. Extract the downloaded zip file of the recovery on your computer and copy the “recovery.img” to a folder in the internal storage of the Mi4.
3. Now launch the Rashr application from the App Drawer.
Note: The app asks for the root permission, tap OK to confirm. Also, allow root access by opening the security app.
4. Select the option called “Recovery from storage” and locate the recovery.img file from the internal storage. Confirm to start the flashing process.
5. After successful installation, the app will ask to reboot the device into CWM recovery. Tap ‘Yes’ to get into CWM recovery.
Rename the CWM recovery file to “update.zip” and transfer the file to the device’s internal memory. Launch the updater app, press the menu button, and tap on “Select update package”. Here select the update.zip file and reboot the smartphone.
Any issues or difficulties while installing the ClockWordMod recovery, do leave a comment below.