Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Redmi 5 Plus) users can easily installed latest version of TWRP 3.2.1 Custom Recovery with the guide ahead. Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is the new announcement in popular “Redmi Note” series and with the launch, TeamWin brings TWRP 3.2.1 custom recovery support to it. After installation, users can enjoy all those TWRP features including flashing custom ROM’s, Mod’s, perform backup and more. So, without much ado follow our quick guide on how to install TWRP 3.2.1 Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 / Redmi 5 Plus.
Note: Data wipe is not needed in this tutorial, but you never knew if anything would go wrong.
- Make sure bootloader of your Redmi device is unlocked. If not, you can follow our simple guide on how to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi phones.
- Enable Developer Options by going to Settings > About Phone and tapping on build number multiple times.
- Enable USB Debugging mode from device Setting > Developer Options.
- A complete device backup is recommended as installing a custom recovery might delete all of your data.
- There should be enough battery level on your device so that the installation process executes without any interruptions.
- Download & install Redmi Note 5 / Redmi 5 Plus USB Drivers on Windows PC.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Windows.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belongs to their respective owners/developers. We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the process which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 / Redmi 5 Plus:
1. Download TWRP Recovery .img file from the following link and rename it to twrp.img.
2. Copy the twrp.img file to the same directory as the extracted Fastboot/ADB package files.
3. Navigate to the same directory now as where you have Fastboot folder and Shift + Right click anywhere in the folder. Then choose Open command window here.
4. Now you need to connect the Redmi Note 5 / Redmi 5 Plus to PC and enter the following commands one after another.
adb reboot bootloader
The above command will boot your device into Fastboot / Bootloader mode.
5. Once your phone is in bootloader mode, type in the following command and press Enter.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
TWRP Recovery will be automatically flashed on your device.
6. Finally, enter the below command to reboot your device into normal mode.
That’s the simple guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 / Redmi 5 Plus smartphone. Have any queries? Drop a comment below.