Xiaomi Mi Note/Pro is the company flagship smartphone announced last year exclusively for the Chinese market. Many users who already own the device asked for rooting process, so here we have shared complete steps on how to install TWRP Recovery and Root Mi Note running Marshmallow firmware. It is a simple guide and every users can follow it easily.
Rooting of any Android device unlock additional features like installation of Custom ROMs, root only apps, uninstall system applications, and much more. So, without much wasting time download SuperSu .zip file and flash through TWRP recovery.
Disclaimer: Installing TWRP Recovery and rooting voids your company warranty. Users may also brick their device if doesn’t followed the steps correctly. Understand the risk and proceed at your own interest.
- Xiaomi Mi Note/Pro should be running on Marshmallow firmware.
- Make sure Xiaomi USB Drivers are installed on your Windows PC.
- Enable USB Debugging (complete guide)
- Install Mi PC Suite on your computer.
- Maintain a battery level of 80% or more to root the device without any interruptions.
- Backup all your data to your PC. (complete guide)
- Setup ADB and fastboot drivers on PC.
Procedure to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi Note:
2. Rename the TWRP Recovery file to recovery.img and transfer it to the fastboot folder.
3. Turn off the device and boot into fastboot mode using appropriate hardware keys (power + volume down).
4. Connect the device with PC.
5. Go to fastboot folder and launch command window. You can do so, by holding Shift key and then right click anywhere in the folder. Next choose “Open command window here”.
6. You need to give the first command. This will confirm whether the device have a successfully connection with PC or not.
adb fastboot devices
7. Give another command to flash TWRP Recovery on your Mi Note.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
8. That’s it! You have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Xiaomi Mi Note / Pro smartphone.
9. Now you need to disconnect the device from PC and boot into recovery mode. (volume down + power buttons)
10. Once you’re in the recovery, tap on ‘Install’ and choose the SuperSU .zip file which you have placed to the internal storage in step 2.
12. Wait till the SuperSU is flashed on your MIUI device. Once done, reboot the device and check for root permission by download Root Checker Android application.